Sunday, March 22, 2015

No Snow Forecast For This Week (So Far)

March 22, 2015

Good morning.  My goodness, the sun is shining and there is no snow falling.  How about that?  The temp is 27F degrees working towards 31F.  However, the weather man says that we might see some 40 and 50F degree temps during the middle of the week.  Woo Hoo!

I bought some potting soil the other day so that I can start a few seeds in the house.  As you can see, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about Spring showing up here sometime soon.  Some of the snow has melted, but there is still quite a bit left. 

Beth has sent me a couple photos of the blue bells that are beginning to bloom in Texas.  Aren't these beautiful?


 
Right about now, I'm happy just finding a couple of tiny patches of bare ground in our yard.  I know I'm being impatient, but it has been a very long winter.  Even our little birds got tired of it and left for a while.  A couple of them are starting to come back now so hopefully it won't be long before the yard is full of birds. 
 
Yesterday was fairly quiet except for when my internet went out in the afternoon.  It had been working just fine all day, then all of a sudden my laptop kept saying that I had no access to the internet.  What? 
 
I called the cable company and eventually got to speak to a technician who was able to correct the situation after resetting my modem and having me restart my laptop.  They always try to make it seem like the problem is in your house, when it isn't.  My modem is in a different room, and no one has gone near it.  Therefore, the disruption of service had to come from the cable company.
 
I've managed to finish the Aruba Sea afghan and now I'm working on the Claret afghan.  This one and another blue one will finish off my Christmas afghans.  Then I can work on just "fun" projects. 
 
Remember I said I wanted to pick up a bar-b-que chicken for our supper the other night?  Well, there was no chicken ready for purchase.  Just a few on display in the ladies clothing section. (at Walmart) I don't know about you, but I have a problem with picking out a cooked chicken in the middle of pretty Spring tops and sweaters. 
 
So I bought pork tenderloins instead.  Pogo was very happy with this.  He gobbled down every last bit of his pork chop.  So I guess I'll have to cook pork for supper more often.  Maybe I'll try another meatloaf one of these days.  The last one I attempted could have been used as a weapon.  Hmmm, I still haven't figured out what I did wrong.
 
Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  In a few minutes, I'm going to take my camera outside to see if there is anything green poking up through the snow and dirt close to the house.  Wish me luck.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

The bluebonnets are lovely but I haven't seen any yet here in Texas. Of course with the rainy weather we haven't been out much except to drive to the movies and pick up groceries.

Chicken in the ladies wear area? That's odd...but then again, that's Wal-Mart.

Angelicastar said...

Thanks for the Sunday morning giggle in reference to the chicken in Walmart. You would think the person that is assigned to work in that department would see that chicken doesn't belong there.(lol) I've seen packages on raw meat in the dog food area. Maybe when they walked over to that department they saw better looking food and decided to shop for grocery there. (laughing hard) It's sad that some of us have no respect for others property. I've walked in stores and just start working straightening out merchandise on the shelf. No I wasn't hired to do this but my OCD got the best of me when I saw the mess that others had created (lol) Have a great Sunday

Donna said...

Hello, Edna, Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments. Those pics for the blue bells are really pretty. I love them.
D

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello Miss Edna and Pogo...so nice to be able to read your blog with both eyes...not having to shut one to focus is wonderful....LOL.
Sorry it has been awhile since my last visit, but have been so terribly busy, you know how it is during tax season, at least I am learning a few things working there, only 3 more weeks and I will be through. I am ready to get back to my lazy way of life...ROFL.
Loving all the photos you shared and I agree with you on a lot of your ranting posts...I saw that about the $65M plane and nearly choked laughing at the absurdity of it! O well, some are just better beggars than others and some still believe they can buy their way into heaven...!
Sorry you've had more snow, we've had rain all weekend and my front lawn looks like a gorgeous green weed garden...LOL! We need the rain, but you don't need the snow, hoping it goes away soon for all of us and yes, the bluebonnets are gorgeous down here this year, I am hoping I get to take some photos soon.
You and Pogo have a fantabulous week ahead. Chat more later. Hugs, Mat

Debby said...

Has your snow melted. I didn't think it would ever melt as much as you had.
Chickens in the woman's department. I don't do Walmart, and that is just another reason not to.
I hope you try the BOOM products. I really like them. I have those patches on my elbows. This was the first year I noticed them. I always have dry skin on my legs. The BOOM worked well when I used it on them. I am so allergic to anything on my face. The products might seem oily to you at first but it absorbs quickly.
Well, time to turn in. HUGS

smiekeltje said...

That's kind of good newss, no snow forecast!
Winter really should stop now and leave some space for Spring to do its work.
Well, you can do some advance work in the house, filling some pots with seeds, that will have a nice surrounding to come up!
Had an aweful weekend, you will read it on my blog.
Hopefully this week will be giving us some quiet and peace.!
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I have been thinking about that young mother from Longmont, CO who was attacked by the woman who cut her baby from her womb. A local artist in Longmont/Boulder have started a campaign placing white heart s in windows to show support. The baby girl passed away but mom is fighting in a local hospital. I started thinking about Shannon, a little girl with incurable brain cancer and Suzanne (ColoradoLady) and Sue (CollectInTexas) supported me and people all over the country sent quilt squares and Suzanne made the quilt, Sue finished it and we finally were able to give it to her parents as a memory quilt because Shannon passed away . It is amazing what happens when good people care. I saw your note about finishing your afghan and it made me think of these two things. Then I saw your pretty Blue Belle flowers and remembers how Shannon's parents sent each one of us a packet of Forget Me Not seeds and asked us to plant them in memory of her. I always think of Shannon when I see Forget Me Nots! Hugs, Anne