Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Snow Has Finally Stopped For A While

February 10, 2015

Good morning everybody.  I'm trying to be cheerful.  Sometime during the night, the snow finally stopped falling.  We got several more inches of snow before it was finished.  Now I just have to wait for the snow plow to get here later this morning to clear away last night's snow.   He was here for the second time, late yesterday morning, and then Joe cleared the day's snow away in the afternoon. 

Before going to bed last evening, Joe went out and shoveled all the snow that the town plows keep piling in front of our driveway.  He was out there for a couple of hours.  So you can imagine our frustration when the morning daylight shows another huge mountain of hardened snow blocking our driveway again.  These town plows have no heart at all.

I took a couple of photos of our parking area to show the huge mounds of snow that surround the whole yard, and all the way to end of the driveway.   Is it any wonder why we're getting tired of the snow?



Update on Kevin - Deanne and Kevin made it safely into Boston to the hospital yesterday, thanks to a wonderful family friend who drove them in and home again later.   Deanne sent me this photo just before Kevin was taken in to surgery.


According to Deanne, the surgery went well, but did not show anything that might be causing Kevin's problems.  However, they will go back in two weeks to hear what the doctor has to say after all the test results are in.   I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Kevin.  (even if it does make me look a bit odd when I walk!)

Getting back to the weather, other parts of the country are enjoying sunshine and warmer temps.  Beth sent me this photo showing new leaves sprouting on a tree outside her home.  I faded the background of the photo a bit so that the leaf area would show up better.   Now if only she could send some of that Spring weather to us!


Well, now it's time to wake up one of the dwarfs so that he can get his car cleaned off before the snow plow gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can certainly see where the frustration lies in blocking the end of your driveway. It appears that the only thing that the city plows are interested in doing is blocking you in.

Kevin is a very handsome young man. I do hope that the test results come back with a solution for him. I know that would be a blessing for him and family.

It is much cooler here today. I hear that we are in for some colder weather. When the sun comes out on this side of the building I will take my morning coffee out and see just what Mother Nature has added during the night.

Have a very good day and so glad that the snow has finally stopped for now. Hugs, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Ugh! That snow is hard to deal with when it piles up and up and up. February might be the shortest month in days, but always seemed like the longest in duration. Hang in there my friend, Spring will arrive....eventually.

Annesphamily said...

Prayers for Kevin, it is so sad when a young person has issues no one can tell you anything about! So frustrating for him. I will continue to pray. You need a serious break from all that snow! I say they should dump it on the white house lawn! LOL! Or perhaps simply on tops of the heads of our congress and US Senate too! I received htree new magazine in the mail and should read them soon! I got a free year of Sports Illustrated and the swimsuit issue came. I sent it off to Nick! I am sure he will enjoy those lovely bikini clan girls! LOL! I am happy because our Valentine cards from LOVEland, Colorado made their way to us. My hubby surprised me with a beautiful romantic card. He is usually a silly fellow and this one caught my attention! I made a huge batch of Ambrosia last night. Someone suggested letting your fruits drain for a few hours. I noticed it is creamy and not so drippy today! Enjoy your day and stay outta that darn snow!