Friday, February 27, 2015

Only 22 More Days Till Spring

February 27, 2015

Wow, would you look at that calendar?  Only one more day left in February.  We've been so busy worrying about all the snow and the wicked cold that a whole month has slipped by, and Sunday will begin a new month.  I'm hoping that the new month will be able to snap this cold spell, and bring some warmer air to this part of the country. 

Yesterday, after I had finished posting here, I went to see if any mail had come, and it was snowing again.  Can you believe it?  I don't think it lasted more than a couple of hours, but still.  Spring is only 22 more days away, and I am so ready for the sight of green grass and colorful flowers in gardens.  

SIL Eddie came by yesterday for a visit, and I have to say that he is getting around pretty good.  He still has a ways to go, but he is definitely getting there.  Just don't over do things Eddie.  The body needs time to heal.

I move around a lot here, but I don't seem to be accomplishing very much at all.  I'll probably be up all Saturday night trying to make sure I got everything finished.  Later today, Joe and I will make a run to Walmart to pick up a few last minute things.  I'll need to stop by the Post Office too to mail off a box.  (an order that I am returning) 

I will brave the cold around noon to keep my appointment at the nail salon.  When I get back home, I'll put in one last load of laundry.  Then it will be just a matter of finishing off the packing.  I will trust the dwarfs to take care of the house until I get back. 

Today I dug into my photo archives again for a couple of photos that I took mid February 2013.  This is another thing that I miss now that I'm not working.  There were always so many beautiful birds at the Mrs' yard.  Ah well, thank goodness for archives.



Well, I found out that Pogo does not like oatmeal.  I gave him a little bowl of warm oatmeal along with his dish of doggie food this morning.  However, after one sniff he simply walked away.  He did not eat the doggie food either.  Oh well.

Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading before it's time to get ready to leave for my appointment.  So, till next month, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwe Pogo says he is not eating that oatmeal or that doggy food. He wants a steak!! LOL.
The pictures are beautiful. I am especially enchanted with the Cardinal.
I am happy that you are able to go and have your nails done. I broke a nail yesterday and have no idea how, but boy oh boy I realized it really quick when part of it got hung on my robe. I went to clip it off and it finished on it's own and down to the quick. No bandaids to cover the tender skin. It is sore. How is your finger doing? I am hoping it is all healed by now.
Super news that Eddie is getting around so well. Now if Kevin gets better that will be even more great news.
Spring is right around the corner and I am so happy to see it come. We only have a couple of weeks of it tho before the summer heat kicks in. Sometimes we skip spring all together here.
As you know I had big plans for Saturday to get out and about and do some things. Well we have a lot of rain heading our way. Probably tonight and not ending until Sunday. If it was a little rain I wouldn't mind, but this is supposed to be heavy heavy rain. Oh well...
I am playing this silly game and I am working on some tasks to get some special rewards so I have to go and work on it for a little bit or time will run out. I will catch you later. Have an awesome day... and take a picture of your nails when they are done. I want to see them. I know they will be beautiful. Hugs, Beth

Annesphamily said...

I know you and Pogo are excited about your upcoming trip. I hope the weather in Florida will be filled with sunshine for you. Pogo is a picky fellow. HaHaHa. Rose the cat is like that too, truns up her nose to salmon or tuna but will dive into chicken any time any place! LOL.

smiekeltje said...

So you're almost ready to leave and go to warmer places LOL!
I wonder how your area will look like when you return again. Hopefully you will see some new grass growing and temperatures will be lots better so you can go out in the garden and plant some bulbs and such.
But first just enjoy your holiday, have a safe trip and let us know how it is in Florida.
Hugs
Kyra