Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Very Interesting New App For Your Smartphone

January 20, 2015

Good afternoon.  No, I did not sleep in this morning.  Rather, I had a few phone calls to make, received a couple of calls, and then had to write out some checks to pay bills and get them in the mail before the mailman got here.  Phew!! 

Before I could post, I needed to check my profile and figure out how to add an email to it so that folks can contact me if they need to.  This was in response to Beth's question about how to send me photos to share.  You can contact me, and send photos, by using the email in my profile at the top right side of this page.  I would love to see your photos.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my eye doctor, and all the news was super good.  I have 20/20 vision and no eye diseases.  Woo Hoo!  The only reason I'll be getting new eyeglasses is because the ones that I'm wearing are really old.  I need them for reading small print, plus I have Transitional lenses to keep the light away from my eyes.  This was definitely great news.

It seems as though I've been up for a whole day.  Mr. Pogo decided it was time for breakfast quite early this morning.  He woke me at around 5:30 to let me know that he was hungry.  I decided to get up and make breakfast for both of us, with hopes of going back to sleep after we ate.  Which I did, for about an hour an a half. 

Today I have an interesting newspaper article to share.  This a new app called "Pager" that allows patients to order a house call from a physician using their smartphones.  At the moment, the service is available on a limited basis in Manhattan and Brooklyn (New York), but it could spread to other cities this year.


Is this not cool?  Remember the good old days when your doctor actually came to your house when you were sick in bed?   It would mean not having to get out of a sick bed and traveling to the ER just to sit in a waiting room with a lot of other sick people, and quite possible getting even sicker.   Hmmm, now I'm wondering what this service will cost. 

It's getting late and Pogo is patiently waiting for his lunch, so on that note, I'll take my leave.   Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Glad your eyes are... in better shape than mine! :)

Doctors making house calls; what a new fangled idea! David and I were marveling at the ad for deodorant that sprays right under your arms! No rollons or gels or sticks, you just spray it. Where DO they get these new ideas? /sarcasm

Renew - reuse - recycle, even ideas! hehehe You and I will both be kids again in time! :D

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Good news on your eyes.
That new app for smartphone etc. looks good, but in a way it is a shame.
In the "old"days, you just had to make a phonecall to your doctor, telling you really couldn;t go to his practise and he came over.
Now the doctors almost don;t have time to make those visits anymore because of changes, i.e, they have to do a lot more of paperwork, mostly for the health insurance companies that they have to make contracts with.
This year a large part of the house doctors aren't very happy to sign the contracts, but they will have to. One of the things they are against, is that the "personal touch"is disappearing more and more, like those house visits, specailly to old people, who have trouble coming to the practice. Plus the doctor isn;t allowed anymore to do some simple things for control and if they still do they get no or low pament for it.
All is changing, but not always for the best.
Oh well, we will have to deal with it, and stay as healthy as we can, LOL.
Pogo really likes to tease you isn;t he? Waking you up so early in the morning!
Perhaps you are "allowed"to take a little nap later today?
Have a good day,
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for the instructions to your email and I will be happy to take a few photos with you. My phone takes some pretty good photos, but I think that I will like to work with my camera as well. If I can find it lol. I still have some boxes that I have not unpacked since the move.

Yesterday was 76 degrees. I sat out on the back patio for hours. I had my phone with me hoping that I could catch a photo of a bird or a squirrel but the landscaping guys were here with their mowers and blowers and it was so loud that I think it scared everything off. I decided to move out front and take a picture of the field in front of my apartment complex. It was over growing and had some really pretty plants and wintery flower mix. Imagine my dismay when I walked out and found that they had cleared the field.

My insurance has a program where a doctor will come to your home. It is called House Calls. I put in a request and it only took them 6 months to come to my house lol.
I am sure that the smart phone app is more dependable. I do not even hazard a guess on how much some of that would cost.

It is early here. I have been up since 5:00am. I just made a cup of coffee. I tried to be quiet as the boys are still sleeping. Even my dog Cisco is buried up under the covers of my bed. I am the only mouse stirring around this early. I did make a pot of coffee. I had it all ready to go last night. All I had to do was to hit the on button.

It is not going to be as pretty today as yesterday. The cold front is pushing thru. It is not supposed to rain. Just get colder.

I didn't tell you that a friend of my sons came by yesterday and was showing me some pictures on his phone that he took of a place not to terribly far from where I am. I can catch the bus to it.
It is this huge area that is set up for people to spray paint or draw Graffiti and it is awesome. Once a month someone goes in and paints the buildings white. 7 buildings in all. They open the gates one week each month weather permitting and people from all walks of life go and do their thing. He showed me pictures of one building that was an undersea scene. It was gorgeous. Whales and dolphins. I want to go when it gets warmer so that I can watch the work in progress and of course take pictures.

I would love to show you some of my scrap pages that I have done using Kyra's kits. Let me know if you would like to see them and I will try and email you a couple.

Take care and have a great day. Beth

The Queen Jester said...

I do remember having the doctor come to my grandmother's house. Doesn't seem possible anymore, haven't thought about that for a long time.