Sunday, December 28, 2014

It's Like A Super Balmy Spring Day Today

December 2014

Good morning.  Today we are enjoying a balmy Spring-like day.  However, the next few days and nights will definitely be back to Winter temps.  30's and 20'sF.

Yesterday, I caught up on a lot of sleep.  It was one nap after another.  Of course, the downside to this is that I'm awake in the middle of the night.  Pogo was too, and he was quite hungry around 3 a.m.  So, I got up and cooked us each a nice fat juicy hamburger.  Normally, Pogo would only eat half of the burger, and save the rest for another meal.  Not this time!!  He ate the whole thing!!

As long as I was awake, I decided to work on the shocking pink afghan.  The last time I had worked on it, I must have been tired because I put on six rows of the wrong stitches.  Oh goodie!  So, I ripped out all those rows and put new ones back on.  Then I went back to sleep. 

This morning I worked on it a bit more.  I am so close to having it finished.  Only three more rows to go.  So that's what I'm going to do later this morning.  Finish it up.  For such a bright color, it's really quite pretty.


This will be the first 2015 afghan finished.  I have a big plastic tote ready to store the finished projects in until next Christmas (or whatever the occasion)  rolls around.   I have two more afghans started, so I'll be working on them next. 

I've been waiting for a package to arrive in the mail, and it finally came yesterday.  It contained my Christmas present from Pogo.  It's a ring that I was ooooohing and aaaahing over one day.  He must have called up the station when I was in the bathroom or somewhere and ordered it for me.  I have to say that my little guy is soooooo good to me!!  Here's a picture of it. It's green Ethiopian opal, chrome diopside and white topaz.  Mmmmmm,  simply gorgeous!

Last evening, Pogo tried on his new sweaters.  Unfortunately, of his two favorites, one fit and one did not.  It would be so nice if the manufacturing world would use a standard sizing for all clothes, including doggie clothes.   I can buy him three size small sweaters, and one will fit, one will be too small and one will be too big.  Go figure!

Over the next few days, I need to do a bit or rearranging in my little kitchen.  I have a beautiful new countertop oven that Deanne and Eddie gave me for Christmas, and now I have to make room for it.  I've been meaning to rearrange the kitchen for quite a while now, so this will be a good reason to do it now.

I think I'll do a bit of taping some programs to DVD this week for daughter Audrey.  Plus I want to get caught up on some of my unfinished projects before vacation time rolls around.   The way time is slipping by so quickly, March will be here before too long.

Well, I seem to have a tiny burst of energy in me, so I think I'd best get busy and maybe start on my kitchen.  Goodness knows, my energy bursts don't last all that long so I need to use them while I can.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a super fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

2 comments:

Debby said...

You must have needed the rest. That PoGo is an excellent shopper. Now I must get some sleep. We are leaving here in the freezing cold and snow at 3:30 am for a 6 a.m. flight. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

We did catch up on some sleep too the last couple of days LOL.
Pogo did an excellent job on your present! Gorgeous ring.
Yeah, use that burst of energy, I know too, they don;t come too often on me either, so we must grab them with both hands and do something with it, hahahaha.
A few days and then we already are in a new year. let's hope it will be nice to us.
Have a great day, keep us informed about your kitchen project!
Hugs
Kyra