Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A New Pogo Toy On The Market!

November 18, 2014

Good morning.  Brrrrr!  The Artic cold is setting in around here.  At eleven p.m. last night it was 51F degrees here, and this morning was only in the 30's.  We'll be having 30's for daytime and 20's for nighttime temps for the rest of the week.  I guess this is where my semi-hibernation kicks in.  It's time to check the calendar and start my countdown till Spring.

Last evening, I started working on the kitty house.  Joe and I checked the styrofoam cooler for size, and decided that we needed to shave about a quarter inch off its height.  While we were deciding the best way to do this, Dwarf Helen came out and informed us that Blackie was already in our house.

It seems that it was so cold and wet during the night that she actually tried sleeping in the makeshift house on the porch.  Dwarf Helen heard her out there and opened the front door.  Blackie was so glad to come in where it was warm and dry.  Dwarf Mike took her into his room, and Blackie curled up on his bed and slept comfortably all night. 

Blackie has since been offered the opportunity to go back outside, but she is content where she is.  Well, how about that!!  I will probably still make the kitty house.  Who knows?  We may need it anyway. 

Does everyone have their Thanksgiving turkey safely tucked away in their freezer?  If not, you may be out of luck this year.  They are saying on the news this morning that there is a turkey shortage this year.  Hmm, well Pogo and I already have our bird.  I'll be thawing it out later this week, and cooking it before Thanksgiving.  I'm not a big turkey eater, but I do love turkey salad.  So, once my bird is cooked and cooled, I'll cut off the meat and package it into freezer bags.  This way, we can have turkey or turkey salad whenever we like.

This week, we'll be buying another, bigger turkey to be cooked on Thanksgiving Day.  This one will be served at the "family" gathering in the main part of the house, along with lots of other yummy good foods.

Deanne sent me a photo of Sassy and Kitty, the homeless cat that adopted them, sleeping together in one bed.  Hopefully, this is how Pogo and the kitties in our house will be able to get along some day.  Hmmm. it doesn't look as if it will happen anytime soon, but we can hope.


I also have a picture of an ad for a new toy.  Can you believe????  There is actually a toy on the market  that is named after my little Pogo!!!   It's called a Jumparoo Pogo Stick.  You step on to the footrests, and hop around like my Pogo does when Sunshine sneaks up on him.   Hmm, I wonder if Pogo will be getting royalty checks?


Well, I think it's time to get busy and do a few chores around here.   Later I want to work on the lavender afghan.  I've been neglecting it lately so that I could finish up a scarf that I had started a while ago.  Well, the scarf is finished.  It looks so good that I think I'll make another one soon.

Do you realize that as I sit here typing, it is below freezing in 49 of the 50 states?  Wow, I don't think I've ever seen this happen before.  Brrrr!  On that wicked cold note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day and stay warm!

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

I am so glad Blackie came in and is deciding to stay! Smart kitty. Even if she has people looking for her she seems to know that she wants to stay where the people provide for her warmth and safety. You and the dwarfs are collectively awesome!

The temperature in Toledo at 3PM was...wait for it....sit down I almost fell out of my seat when I saw it...17 degrees! SEVENTEEN! It's only November 18; I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like in January. :(

We don't actually have Thanksgiving plans yet. David and my dad both have out patient surgeries the week of Thanksgiving, David on Tuesday (my Dad is coming down to drive him since I can't) and then my Aunt is the driver Wednesday for Pop's. Neither is anything serious, but we definitely won't be getting together on Thursday. We'll probably gather on the weekend. Maybe half of turkeys?? hehe

Didn't they used to have pogo-sticks a long time ago? I dunno, now it sounds like a dog toy, a stick for Pogo to chase!

The answer to the trivia is Hawaii, right? ;) I'd hate for Hawaii to freeze!

Back to working on my Harry Potter charms..."accio heat!"

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Yeah! Blackie got with the program and found out your house is a safe house for cold wet cats. Good for her (or him).
I used to have a pogo stick when I was a kid. Hey, what else do you give a kid with ADHD to work off that energy?
I made your cat toy yesterday and finally got it right on the second try. I feel so accomplished. I'm going to wait until I have both of them made and then get photos of the kids playing with them before it goes to the blog.
Our Thanksgiving is at the RV Resort which is potluck, so I'm not too worried about a turkey. If it happens that's great...if not, we'll still have plenty to eat.
You have a great day.

Debby said...

Yes, it's freezing out. Lots of snow as well. I love snow and I look forward to it. But, it still seems so early for a big snow and record breaking temps.
The tv said it was below freezing in
HAWAII.
Blackie fouled you, hah. Smart cat.
Stay warm and cozy.

smiekeltje said...

Sorry i didn;t leave a little word on your post yesterday, but I was busy, gosh!
Brrr, I think we still have a bit nicer temperatures than you have.
What good news of Blackie! And yes, perhaps still a good idea to make the outdoor shelter, she might like it too, or perhaps it will be for another stray soul??
I am slow this morning, all to do with yesterda. You will read it on my blog, as I am going to post now.
Oh, I am afraid your pogo will have no rights to the Pogo stick LOL!
But it's funny that it has his name!
Have a great day, dear
Hug
Kyra