Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Woo Hoo! I'm Back!

October 29, 2014

Good morning.  Gosh, I was beginning to have "Bloggie withdrawals."  Thank goodness for Wayne.  He was able to come by last evening to fix the problem on my laptop.  It wasn't my internet explorer after all.  It was my very own "stupidity" that has kept me from blogging and enjoying my friends' blogs.

Somehow, the tool bar disappeared, and along with it went readable print.  All of a sudden all print was showing up so teeny weeny that I could hardly read it.  I couldn't even read what I was trying to type.  So, if I haven't left any comments on your blogs, I'm sorry.  I've missed my morning ritual of blog reading while drinking my coffee.

The bottom line is that once Wayne got here and I showed him my problem, it only took him seconds to bring back the tool bar and fix the size of the print.  Oy vey!!!  Do I feel dumb or what!!!!!!  All it took was a tiny little right click at the top of the internet screen, and VOILA!

While Wayne was here, he also hooked my new TV up to my internet.  So now I can watch my Netflix and Amazon Prime movies on my TV.  For goodness sake, will wonders ever cease!  Now if I can remember how he told me to do it, I'll be just fine.  It seems easy enough, but with me one never knows.  It took me forever to learn how to record from the DVR to a DVD. 

Friday, Joe and I got our flu shots, and over the weekend, I spent some time working on my crochet projects.  However even this did not always go smoothly.  Saturday afternoon, I did six or seven rows on the green afghan, and later that evening I had to rip them all out plus a few more rows.  This, of course, does not make me a very happy camper. 

So instead of finishing the green afghan, I still have about 42 more rows to go.  The good news is that I only have to finish this and the lavender afghan before the end of November.  I can do this.  I've also spent a bit of time shopping on the internet, and now I'm just waiting for the packages to start rolling in.

I'm really enjoying the upcoming Christmas holiday this year.  I'm working on a special Santa project, and it's proving to be a lot of fun.  I'll share more on this much later in the year.  For now, though, I have to zoom in on Halloween.  It is supposed to be super cold that night, so I'm not sure if Pogo and I will be able to go for our ritual ride.  We'll just have to wait and see how the weather goes.

Here's a photo of my precious little guy, all curled up in his blankets next to me on the sofa.  He takes over every warm fuzzy blanket that we get.


I also have a beautiful photo to share that daughter Audrey took from her porch a few nights ago.  She wasn't able to get a photo of the solar eclipse, but she did get this gorgeous sunset sky.  This is beautiful, Audrey.  Great shot!
 
 
Now I'm going to start catching up on my blog reading.  Maybe I'll even have a second cup of coffee.  It feels good to be able to read the print on my screen again.  Every hear of that saying "Cheap Date"?  Well, that's me.  It surely doesn't take much to make this old fuddy duddy happy.

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, until tomorrow, Y'all have a super splendid day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

That right click is amazing isn't it. If all all else fails 'right click." Not being fun, this time, but it does do wonders.
Love Pogo's ears all perked up. They don't want to miss anything,even when they are sleeping.
I am anxious to hear more about your Santa project. You do enjoy Christmas, for sure.
That sky is amazing.
Thanks for finding humor in my venting post. I never thought people would take it like they did.
Have they started the santa swap yet?
HUGS

Debby said...

Oh no, I just went to Susanne's blog. I missed that post. Feel so bad for her.
Hmmmmm, thinking maybe we should go ahead with the swap. Let me think about this.

Edna B said...

Debby, I'm sending you some information via email. I think you might like it. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

Glad you are back on the net again! Sometimes a problem seems sooo easy to solve, but only we oldies don't get the hang of it LOL!
Your little guy looks so comfy rolled into his fuzzy blankets. He is and stays an adorable little chap.
hey, I was thinking of you about your Halloween ride. Was already wondering if you took out the brromstick to clean it up a bit, so that you would have a comfortable ride, hahahaha.
Don't give up on it, it might be rather cold, but packed in well in warm clothes, I think you just should give it a try. If you just give me the time you are planning your ride, I can put on my alarm clock and then give you a wave in the garden okay?
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra