Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What's In Your Freezer?

September 10, 2014

Good morning.  It's looking a bit on the cloudy side and it's quite cool this morning.  63 F degrees.   There's definitely an "Autumn chill" in the air today.   I've been loving the weather we've had these past few weeks.  It's going to be sad to see it all leaving.  On the other hand, I am looking forward to seeing all the beautiful Fall colors.

Not much is happening around here, so this will be a short post.  Yesterday I put a couple rows on the cornmeal afghan and then had to take them off.  After that, I set it aside for a while. 

Today is National TV Dinner Day.  Remember the old TV dinners?  When they first came out, they were about 70 cents, and not too tasty.  Today they cost a whole lot more, and some of them are still not very tasty.  However, a lot of today's frozen dinners and foods are really good. 

Some of my favorites are Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese, Marie Callender Fettuccini with Chicken & Broccoli, Digiorno Pepperoni Pizza (I add green peppers to this) and Ristorante Spinach Pizza.  I also like the convenience and ease of frozen veggies and Bubba Burgers. There are a few other frozen dinners that I keep in the freezer for those "just in case" days.

Today's photos are from my garden.  These are pink and red "knock out" roses.  I separated the flowers from their background and then applied a nice blur to the background in order to showcase just the blooms.



My "killer dog" is running around the house, barking at something.  I don't see anything, so maybe a fly got in somehow.  Pogo does not like flies.  Neither do I, for that matter.  So, you go Pogo!!  I'd get him a little fly swatter if I thought he could swing it. 

Well, that's about it for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Debby said...

No frozen diners here. Love that pink rose. Starting to turn colors here......and getting cooler. Yeah.

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lady Shannon said...

Miss Edna .... This is Shannon from 'Memories Made Easy' I saw today that you wanted me email... smheider2010@att.net. Please say this is Miss Edna in subject so I dont delete it.

The Queen Jester said...

What pretty roses - love the richness of the colors.
We always have some egg rolls on hand and of course, frozen yogurt. Since our fridge is smaller and divided the frozen pizzas don't fit well, otherwise I'd have those in there as well.

aquascrap said...

I haven't got any frozen dinners in my fridge at the moment but we usually do have a couple in there for those "don't feel like cooking" moments. We like the McCain range of Chicken Parmigiana or Veal Cordon Bleu. I prefer the fresh pizzas to frozen.

Still a bit on the cool side here but the blossoms are out, the sneezing and watery eyes have begun so Spring is lurking around somewhere.

Had to laugh at the idea of Pogo with a fly swatter. I think that's the worst thing about Summer....those dreaded flies!

Enjoy your day!

Hugs Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Sorry for not being posting on your blog, but it were some craZy days.
Some frozen dinners or ready made fresh ons aren't too bad, and easy for those days you don;t want to cook yourself. But best is to have some in the freezer, you've made fresh yourself, as i do sometimes.
Have to go to my blog now to post a short one, with good news.
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra