Tuesday, September 23, 2014

How Many Birds Do You Think We'll Lose?

September 23, 2014

Good morning.  It's a wee bit chilly this morning, but the temperature will hopefully rise to about 71F pretty soon.  At the moment it's sunny, but only 57F.  Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be the coolest days this week, only reaching a high of about 69F. 

I wonder, is there such a thing as "flip flop" socks?  I don't mean the socks with toes in them.  I am most comfortable wearing my flip flop sandals, but "sock weather" is quickly moving in on us.  Hmmm, maybe my project for this afternoon will be searching on the internet for these special socks.

I've been watching the Weather Channel this morning.  They've been discussing the climate change and how many of our beloved birds are going to be lost because of it.  This is so sad.  I pray that mankind starts changing so that we can keep this beautiful earth and all of it's treasures.

Today's photo is one that I took through the kitchen window.  I purposely don't prune the large rose bush outside my door too much because the little birds love it so.  Here's a little chickadee resting on one of the branches.  Can you imaging how awful it will be without these beautiful little birds?


Today's post is going to be very short.  It's getting late (Pogo and I slept in this morning) and I have a few errands to do today.  Later when Pogo and I get back home, I need to get busy with my crochet projects.  It's almost October and I still have a few afghans to finish.  Seems like every time I finish one, I think of another one that I need to make.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a most wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning y'all! Well Fall is officially here and blessed cooler temps with it, only to make it to 88 today...yippee...tomorrow we are to be in the lower 60's and mid 80's...hoping it will last a while as the State Fair opens this next weekend...LOL! I love going to the Fair to see all the handmade crafts (quilts, etc) that are on display and for sale. They certainly don't have any afghans as pretty as the ones you are creating, those are so pretty with the variegated strips in them. The quilts I love, but, alas I cannot afford them...LOL!
Your bird photos are so terrific, I, too, hope we can save enough of our planet that we never ever lose our birds. I feed so many of them that at times, my lawn looks like it is made of birds...Love to watch them come as a flock and leave as a flock, and the playtime in the water is so mesmerizing to watch for me and my kitty cats (tee hee)!
Well, off here to go do a little pruning, and cleaning up while the temperatures are agreeable with no humidity to complain about. ROFL here!
You and Pogo have a wonderful day! Hugs, Mat

Annesphamily said...

Lovely bird photo! Jeremy is in Boston for business. He will move to a Country Inn and Suites hotel one fore night so he can do more sightseeing. He loves history and there is plenty! He is having a wonderful time. I wish we could have been there with him. Maybe next time.`Our weather has been rainy and cool and now in the 80s again! Strange weather patterns these days! Good to see you Enda/ Hugs, Anne

The Queen Jester said...

I think all the naysayers about climate change have started to listen...but I hope it's not too late. They talked about the possible loss of the loons due to this and I can't imagine being near a lake in northern Wisconsin and not hearing that mournful cry in the night.