Monday, September 1, 2014

Have A Safe, Happy Labor Day

September 1, 2014

Good morning, and Happy Labor Day.  The temps are much higher today.  It was warm and humid all through the night, and the hot high 80's temps are back with us for most of this week.  Ah well, it is still summer.

We finally got a little bit of rain last night, but we could use some more.  Some areas of the state actually got so much rain yesterday that their streets flooded.  I'm not asking for flooded streets, but a little rain each night would be so good for the gardens and lawns.

Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, so here is my contribution.  The photograph of the hummingbird is my own, while the background and the tulips were borrowed from the web.  Of course, I re-colored the tulips to my favorite color, orange.


Today is also the first day of September.  Wow!  Two thirds of the year has already slipped by.   I need to get busy on my next calendar.  I have a tendency to tell myself that it's okay to wait till tomorrow, but the tomorrows are slipping by so quickly.   Here is my calendar page for this new month.


On the news this morning (on TV), they have been talking about the new I-Phone.  It seems that this new phone will become your new wallet and eliminate the need to carry credit cards.  I, for one, am not sure I like this idea. 

Right now, it is difficult to keep one's phone safe.  There is always someone lurking close by, trying to steal your smart phone.  With this new phone, the robbers will be in heaven.  Not only will they steal your phone, but they'll get all your credit cards too.  I'm wondering why Apple did not come out with an armored safe vest first for their customers to wear to help keep their new phones safe.

Also on the news this morning -- a lot of celebrities are getting all upset because a flood of naked photos of themselves and their boyfriends/girlfriends have been hacked and released on the internet.  Oh me, oh my!!  Didn't anyone ever tell these folks that once something is put on the web, it stays there?  The web is not the place for sharing your naked photos.  Not with anyone!!  (unless, of course, you want to be seen!)

Soon my grandson, Kevin, will be coming by to help me with some household chores.  So, I think it's time for me to get dressed.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Annemor said...

Happy and safe Labor Day.
The hummingbird is a perfect contribution to MOM, in my opinion.
Have a nice day.
Mormor

Lmkazmierczak said...

Hi Edna, technology keeps advancing, the good with the bad...but it always involvse choices. Am enjoying your blog...Happy Labor Day♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/hole-on-hold/

Debby said...

Sorry for being absent for so long. Not my wish but life happens. Felling a bit under the weather still.
I agree about the phone. One stop shopping for the person stealing the phone. They can now get it all at one shot.
It has been dry here as well. We had rain yesterday and some today. It was getting really dry.
Love that picture of the hummingbird and the orange tulips.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful and unudual image of the little hummer. Love it. :)

The Queen Jester said...

Rest assured you will never see naked photos of the Queen on the internet....there will be none of those taken! What are those people thinking?
Nice image of the hummingbird.
It's hard to believe it's already September. I keep wondering how Andrea is doing on her trip.

Jane said...

Lovely little hummingbird! Pretty with the tulips!

betty-NZ said...

Your edit is quite pretty and I love the little bird.

Annesphamily said...

I hope your Labor Day was wonderful! Our weather was perfect not too hot but we will get back up into the 80s this week. Love that Hummingbird photo. We had a phamily barbeque. It was fun and my daughter's friend came and he took a HUGE phamily photo of us. Oh my, a digital footprint is the worst. Once something is put on the internet...yikes!!! But here is a thought, don't take nude photos to begin with! I work with the worst woman, lazy. collecting welfare, does zero work and pulls the wool over the bosses eyes! Ugh! She told another gal someone put nude photos of her on the internet! Double ugh! I will not allow anyone to do that ever! Not when I was young and not now either! I remember the Menendez brothers that murdered their parents. Once the two of them went to prison the family sorted this things and found a box of racy videos the parents made! Lord not a way to be remember ever in life! Hope you had a nice afternoon with your grandson Kevin. What a great kid! Have a good week. Hugs, Anne

smiekeltje said...

I don't like the idea of the new phone either, having all creditcards in it.
Paying with a card can be great, but I also like to carry always some cash too. It is for me a better wway to keep track of my money, how much you spend etc.
Hope you have a wonderful day with Kevin.
Hugs
Kyra