Thursday, September 18, 2014

Electrical Problems Messing Up A Gorgeous Day

September 18, 2014

Good morning.  Today is to be a fabulous day weather-wise.  Pogo and I are hoping to get out and enjoy the warm sunshine.  First we have to see about an electrical problem that developed this morning.  The floor lamp in my living room has decided to burn out bulbs and trip fuses.  I have already called SIL Eddie, so now we will just wait to see when he can come by and fix it.

I need to make a trip to the yarn store pretty soon to find some contrasting colors to go with the new afghan I'm working on (in between working on the lavender one).  The new one is "country blue" and doesn't really match any of the yarns that I already have.  Yeah, I know.  It's a flimsy excuse to go yarn shopping, but it's the best I could come up with.

I do have a couple of photos to share.  The first one was taken in the little garden just outside my door, and the mums are in a pot by our main front door.



Sometime today, I would like to go to the post office to mail a small package.  Later today, DIL Janet may stop by with her new smart phone for some help in setting it up.  Even if I can't do it for her, Joe will most likely be able to help her.

I also have to keep an eye for the UPS truck.  DIL Janet ordered a new laptop last week, and it is being shipped here.  When it arrives, I'll call Wayne to come by and pick it up.  He will get it all set up and deliver it to Janet at her home.  She needs to update her modem, so he'll get that set up too.

Last night I ordered us a small chipper/shredder machine.  We have a lot of leaves and small twigs to rake up throughout the year, especially in the Fall.  Joe rakes a lot of them up and bags them, but then we never seem to be able to transport the bags to a leaf dump.  Hence, the bags go in the small shed. 

When the shed is full up, the rest of the leaves just get piled up in amongst the tall trees.   This is not my idea of clearing out the leaves.  The new machine is supposed to turn the leaves and small twigs into compost which we can definitely use.  And, we'll be able to use the small shed for the trash barrels again.  At least, this is the plan.

Well, that's about all the news for today.  The birds are chirping outside our door, and Pogo is busy barking at them.  I'll have to hold him up by the door so that he can watch what's happening outside.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Shredding tjing for leaves an twigs sounds good. You have a rather large ground and lots of trees, so you will have to give all the fallen leaves a places.
And it will be good to use the shed for other things.
Now have to post on my blog, and have to think hard about blogs to give the award and how to describe them.
Have a great day, greets to Janet and Joe, oh and helen.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I so wanted a small chipper/shredder for our yard. If you have lots of trees and bushes it's a nice way to create your own mulch for the flower beds.
And you never...never need an excuse to shop for more yarn (or fabric in my case).