Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wasting Water Is Fun???

August 13, 2014

Good morning.  Tis a bit on the damp side this morning, but we need the rain.  The birds are chirping outside my door, so they must be happy about the rain too. 

Well, yesterday I had my regular check up visit with the doctor, and I'm doing just fine.  Unless I get sick, I don't have to go back until February.  Sounds good to me. 

Was anyone lucky enough to see the Meteor showers in the wee hours before dawn?  Sad to say, I was asleep and missed any show that may have been visible.  Ah well, at least I did not miss the super moon.

Has anyone been watching all the different news stations reporting the "bucket" fun that folks all around the  country have been having?  I haven't said much of anything, but this has been bothering me a lot and now I need to get it off my chest.

The reason behind this whole thing was to  raise awareness about ALS.  This part I understand.  It's a very good cause to rally about.  What bothers me is the shameful waste of water.  With fires still burning, and all the lives, homes and nature we have lost due to drought, I think it is absolutely shameful to be dumping out buckets of water (and enjoying it!). 

And the really sad part of this is that every single newscaster and media personality that spoke of this event was really quite happy about it.  Many of them even joined in the fun.  Not one of them mentioned anything about all the unabashed abuse of our very precious commodity - water.  Sorry, but I say "shame on you" to all of them.  Next time, find a more appropriate way to raise awareness about your cause.  Maybe a dash into the cold ocean water? 

Ok, my rant is over.  Now let's get to some more fun photos from Sunday night.  Pogo was not the only dog at the beach that night, and I took photos of the ones that were near us.  I guess this first little dog had a thing for legs.  As you can see, he is licking his chops over this great looking pair of gams.

 
This next gorgeous dog and his family stopped by to visit the folks on the rock next to ours.  Just look at those beautiful eyes!
 
 
And at the rock beside ours was this awesome service dog.  Meet Floyd, so handsome and gentle yet very protective of his mom.  You could tell he adored her by the way he looked at her. 


And of course, I have more photos of the little prince himself.  He wore so many expression on his face that night, and I tried to capture them all.
 


 
Today I'm supposed to be having lunch with an old friend, but she may call to cancel because of the weather.  We were going to be eating out in her very pretty yard, but the rain may change our plans till another day.  That's okay because I have lots of things to do around the house. 

Little by little, I've been working on the lavender afghan, and now there are only 50 (out of 106) more rows to go.  I'm waiting for the box of new yarn to arrive so that I can continue working on the yellow project.  Plus I had ordered another new color that I thought would work up quite nicely.  Got to keep these hands busy.

Now it's time to go see if the mail has come.  One never knows what new bills and surprises may be lurking in the mail box.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: