Thursday, August 21, 2014

Some Great New Shows On The Game Show Network

August 21, 2014

Good morning.  I've heard and read a lot of comments on how the weather is not as warm as it should be, but I personally think that the weather we've been having lately is perfect.  When it's too hot, outdoor activities are not as much fun.  When it is cooler, it's too cool for beach activities.  For me, I love it!!  No complaints here at all.

Has anyone been watching the new program on the Game Show Network?  Skin Games.  It's really quite fascinating.  The artists competing are really good at their craft, and usually when they finish painting on a model you cannot tell that she is nude.  Sometimes, if the model has been painted in front of a background, you cannot see her at all.  Very interesting.

Another fun new show on the Game Show Network is called Idiotest.  This one is great for keeping your mind and brain sharp.  I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I've got a few of their puzzles wrong.  If you haven't watched it yet, give it a try.

Today, I have some photos taken from our kitchen window.  We ran out of the square suet treats, so I lathered up a bread end with peanut butter and Joe put it in the treat holder.  He wasn't even back in the house before we already had customers.



Lurking nearby, hidden in the red maple, was one of the black birds just waiting for a chance to swoop down and get at the peanut butter treat.


Gosh, these blackbirds always have such a sinister look about them.  The only ones that look friendly are the youngsters.  We usually get a crop of them each year and they move on after a while.  For some reason, this year they don't seem to be in a hurry to leave. 

Today's excitement will be a trip to the market to do some food shopping.  Oh my, the excitement of retirement is wearing me out!!!!!  haha.

I think I've figured out a way to get Pogo to eat more doggie food.  He always gets the hungries late at night, between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.  He likes to leave his supper sitting there for hours until late at night when, for some reason, it must taste better to him.  Oh dear, what did people feed my little guy before he came to live with me?  I'm going to try putting down a small dish of doggie food tonight around  10:30 p.m. and see what happens.

There's really not much news this morning so I'll take my leave here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I couldn't agree with you more ... the 70's is perfect, but it's not normal in August. It probably doesn't bode well for what our winter will be like. But, since we have no control over it and most of the world doesn't care if we are experiencing climate change ... I will, like you, just enjoy the awesome weather while it lasts.

I wish Izzi was more picky about what she eats. She will eat anything you give her except for a few kinds of vegetables. Dog food, cat food, people food ... just hand it to her and it is gone. She has lost her weight and now the trick will be to keep it off ... not an easy task when I am going to be gone for two weeks and the primary care giver is the one who always gives her toooooo many treats. I hope I don't come home to a disaster. Izzi jammed her toe at class last night and it is really bothering her. She walks on it okay, but after awhile she sits holding it up and she licks and licks and licks it. First thing you know we will have a hot spot to contend with and I am not going to be here. I never thought being away for two weeks would be such an issue.

Last night when I opened my car door to come home from class, my camera which I had stashed on the seat, came crashing down ... I shattered the filter on the lens and I had visions of not having a camera to take with me to Switzerland. But, the day was saved by a wonderful Korean camera doctor who fixed my lens and cleaned my camera in an hour plus. Usually it takes weeks because everybody else sends it out to be fixed. That was a lucky find ... and I don't know if I could have handled going to Switzerland without my camera ... what a diaster that would have been. All's well that ends well they say :) Well I am going out to fill more bags with bird seed so my neighbor can have the right amounts to put out each day. I am lucky she doesn't mind tending to my birds as I don't mind tending to her cats when she goes away. It is great to have good neighbors. Well, Edna ... I am off and running again. The time is a flyin' and I am not ready yet. Be well and hugs to Pogo.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Nani said...

It’s been decent here; low 80s which is fine by me, but it’s been humid. This morning when I waited for the bus it was 67 degrees and muggy enough to make it feel much warmer. I like the slightly milder temperatures but it had better mean we’ll get a warmer winter this year too. Last winter was just plain cruel.

If you’re serving peanut butter to the birds I want to grab my wings and come over! :D

I’m getting closer to saying “I’ll check that show out.” We have a large box in the living room with a new TV! I have no idea when we’ll make space for it though. David wants to wall mount it and we have to move a painting to do that. I doubt we’ll see any of ur baseball teams playing in October this year anyway but I think I’m ready to watch a TV show once in a while again. But my priorities? We’ve been without a TV2-1/2 months, have the TV and aren’t rushing to set it up. My computer was in the shop for 4 days and I bought a tablet . LOL

I hope you have some success with Pogo, dog food and his late night muchies.

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Your bird photos are lovely again.
Poor Joe, that itch must be frustrating! Hope he gets rid of it soon. Good lesson for next time, he has to wear gloves when removing the ivy and best have a sweater with long sleeves!
Retirement really can weat you out, isn;t it LOL!
Pogo is so lucky to have someone like you, who really cares about him. Poog fellow must have had an aweful home before he came to you!
Well, may be this weekend i will start installing Photoshop elements and we'll see how that will hold out.
You have a wonderful weekend
Hug
Kyra