Thursday, August 7, 2014

Some Days The News Is Very Entertaining

August 7, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's going to be another fabulous day.  This is good because Pogo and I have to go out to do some errands.  We did not deliver the little jar of piddles to the hospital yesterday, so we'll have to do it this morning.  Later, we are going to pick up Kevin at driving school and bring him home with us.  He's going to do a bunch of shredding for me. 

I'm watching the news and the newscasters are having a great laugh about the school teacher who showed up for the first day of school quite intoxicated and wearing NO PANTS!!  Hmmm, school is certainly a lot different nowadays that it was in my day.

There was one item on the news that got my interest.  An AP has been invented to let people use pictures for passwords on their media devices.  This is something I want to research because it could be a big help in fighting hackers.

One of these days I'm going to get me a new phone.  Mine is okay for making and taking calls, but it has a horrible camera in it.  I would like a phone that takes decent photos.  You never know when you have a photo op, and your camera is not with you.

For instance, Pogo's doctor was laughing when I told her how he tries to poke his head out the car window when we are driving, and said she would love to see it.  Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me, so I had to use my cell phone to take a photo.  I can't always carry my camera so the next best thing is to buy a new phone.  (Hmmm, can you see the logic here?) 

Anyway, here's the photo I took of Pogo when we were leaving the hospital the other day.  He barks for me to put the window down for him.  Don't worry, he can't get out.  He is in his car seat, which has a safety strap that is attached to his harness.  If it weren't for the car seat, Pogo wouldn't be able to reach the window at all.


I also have a couple photos of flowers in my yard.  These, of course, were taken with a real camera.  The first photo is a couple of Tiger Lilies, and the second photo is the Rose Of Sharon. Pretty, pretty.



Well, that's enough of my babbling.  It's time to get dressed and start this beautiful new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

So sweet of kevin to help yu with the shredding. Well, I think is just an amazing young man, and what more you could wish for a grandson? He is smart, he is good looking and has a good character.
Great that photo made of Pogo.
How is retirement becoming you? Any sign of withdrawal symptoms?
That rose of sharon is gorgeous!
I should make some pictures too again from the garden. May be next week.
Have a lovely day, hope you can find the right new phone with a rather easy way of using!
Hug
Kyra