Sunday, August 17, 2014

PS Friday Challenge, A Tad Bit Late

August 17, 2014

Good morning on this fabulous Sunday morning here in New England.  I really did my best to sleep late, but Mr. Pogo had other ideas.  He has simply wicked hearing, and listens to hear when people are moving about out in the house. 

Mainly, he's listening for Joe's voice or whistle.  Once Joe is up, it's turkey treat time.  So now, of course, Pogo starts barking to let Joe know that he is also up and waiting for his treat.  Once he get's Joe's attention, he barks for me to join them.  For some reason, my little guy needs me to be standing close by while he is enjoying his turkey treat.  So, Mama gets up and trots out to the laundry room.

While doing a bit of blog reading this morning, I realized that I totally forgot to do my image for this week's Photo Shop Friday.  Shame on me.  So, I promptly got busy and made my image.  This is the photo that the Queen Jester gave us to work with.  I just love the orange butterfly weed.


And here is my image using her photo as a wall covering in an iris garden.   Both the Queen and Andrea had butterflies in their images, so I put one in mine too.  The irises are mine, and the little butterfly came from the web.


Yesterday Pogo and I went to an early morning baseball game to watch Kevin play.  Later, after lunch, we went back out to do a couple of errands.  It was an awesome day to be out and about.

Friday, grandson Kevin came over and put most of my new exercise machine together.  Later SIL Eddie came by after work to finish it up.  And yup, I like this one.  I used it that evening, and I'll be using it this afternoon.  Did I mention what it was?  It's a Tony Little Gazelle. 

Some very good news arrived in the mail on Friday.  The report from my recent doctor visit showed that all my numbers had improved.  Cholesterol is way down, and the good stuff is up.  He said to keep up the good work.  Hmmm, I'm not quite sure what it was that I did, but as soon as I figure that out I'll do it some more.

On top of all this good stuff, my box of new yarn arrived, and I couldn't wait to tear into it.  There were a few colors that I wanted to see up close, and now I can't wait to start some new projects with them.  Oh my, these hands will definitely be busy for quite some time.

Well that's about all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Although not yet back into my "usual"routine, with all that computer mess I catched up your blog(more or less LOL).Glad to hear your doctor was happy with you and keep up the things that got you these good results.
I hope I will be back to designing in a while, but i will take my time,
I think, not want another crash, hey!
Weather here isn'too bright, rather cold for the time of year now, but we keep good hope up, perhaps it will be the announcement for a gorgeous and rather warm fall, who knows?
For now I will just do some more blog reading and such and then have to go out for a moment for some small shopping things.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You did a lovely rendition on the Photoshop Friday. I'm always amazed at how each person can take it a totally new direction and am blown away by the creativity.