Thursday, August 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN

August 28, 2014

Good afternoon.  I sort of slept a bit late this morning.  But then, I had an excuse.  Last night I decided to back up my laptop files to the external drive.  This was going to take a while, and eventually I fell asleep.  At some point, I awoke and thought I would check to see if the back up was finished.  It was, and I put the external drive away. 

However, I woke up in the process of all of this.  So, at 3:30 a.m., I was catching up on a bit of blog reading.  After a while though, my eyes were getting tired and it was time to go back to bed.  At 7:30 this morning, I got up to get some breakfast for Pogo and went back to bed.  It only took seconds to fall back to sleep.

Before I get started on today's topic of thought, I want to wish my grandson Kevin a most Happy Birthday.  Today he is seventeen.  Kevin, you're one of the nicest young men I've ever known, and I love you dearly.  I hope your birthday is TERRIFIC!!

Today I have a question for everyone.  Did anyone voting to legalize medical marijuana ever get to read the whole bill?  I doubt this very much or maybe a lot of folks might not have voted to pass the bill.  There was an article in yesterday's newspaper about a man who had been arrested because the police thought that he was selling drugs.  This particular man had, in the past, spent time in jail for drug trafficking.

However, this man and most likely others, will be allowed to go free and not be prosecuted.  There is a piece in the bill that was passed that allows a person who is certified to use medical marijuana to be a "caregiver" for one other person who has a certificate.  In other words, sell the drug to another person.

Why would a person who has a medical certificate to buy this drug need another person (a "caregiver") to get the drug and sell it to him?   Maybe if this person could not walk?  Hmmm.  If this is the case, then how come the above mentioned man was arrested in an area known for drug deals along with his buyer (s) who were all standing on their own feet?  And why exchange money and goods in a public parking lot, and not in one's home?  I mean, it is legal, right?  So why be sneaky?

Did you also realize that you can apply for and get a medical certificate to buy and grow marijuana for just about any reason.  It's not just for cancer and terminally ill patients.  Have anxiety?  Maybe a few little pains somewhere on your body?  Anything at all, and the right doctor is all you need to get this certificate.

Nuff said!!  Today I have some fun photos to share with you.  These were sent to me by my SIL Mac and Wanda, who I consider one of my "girls".  She is one of daughter Audrey's best friends.  Mac does taxidermy and this first photo is one of his recent projects.  Wow!  This bear is just magnificent.  Great job Mac! 


Mac tells me that this bear weighed almost 400 pounds, and that his next bear will be twice that size.  Wow, good luck Mac.  I can't wait to see a photo of the next one.

These next two photos were taken by Wanda.  She has some absolutely gorgeous hibiscus growing in her garden.  Hmmm, I wonder if she has any yellow ones.  Notice, she even got a great shot of the grasshopper who was resting on the petals, maybe checking out what's for lunch(?).  Thanks, Wanda.  These are beautiful.



That's about all the news for today.  Pogo is waiting patiently for his lunch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a splendid day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Oh I could have so much fun with that bear! Picture that sticking out of the window on the RV, what a hoot...but alas it's too big to carry. Oh well, might have to do a little photoshop to make it happen.