Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Goodness, What A Fabulous Day!

July 31, 2014

Good afternoon.  Well, I'm legal for another year.  Pogo and I got up early this morning and went to the dealership to get our new inspection sticker for the  car.  While we were there, I ordered a remote car starter for my car.  And to make it even nicer, the company will come out to my house and install the starter here so that I don't have to wait around for hours at the dealership.  How cool is that?

On the way home, we stopped at JoAnn's Fabric shop and bought us a bag full of new yarn.  I signed up for sale alerts on my "smart" phone and got an instant 20% off my purchase.  And, the nice saleslady put an "Ap" on my phone so that I can get more sale coupons right on my phone.  My goodness, the day just keeps getting better.

To celebrate our good day, we next went to Wendy's and bought us a couple of Wendy burgers to go and headed home to eat our delicious lunch.  Yup, yup, it's been a good day.

Yesterday, grandson Kevin was here again helping me with some cleaning and moving furniture.  What would I do without this wonderful young man?   Today I have a photo of him smiling.  He does not like to smile for the camera (I have no clue why), but in all fairness it's the best way to see how really handsome he is.


He's not only handsome, he's smart too.  We were chatting and I was amazed to learn how many college scholarships he has already earned.  His goal for this new school year (he'll be a senior) is to get straight A's.  Gosh, I am so proud of him. 

I also have another super photo to share.  Deanne and Eddie decided to have a new family photo taken, and it is just wonderful.  For my friend Rhoda, remember little Bobby?  Well he's that handsome fella on the left.  When I wasn't looking, he got all grown up.  (34 now!)


I guess one of the perks of the "golden years" is that I get to brag all I want.  And of course, I do that every chance I get.  When I leave this earth, I will leave behind a large beautiful legacy.

Yesterday afternoon, DIL Janet had a co-worker drop her off here, and we had a wonderful visit.  She's walking a bit now with just one crutch, and hopefully will be able to drive in a few more days.

Okay, now that I've gnawed on your ear for a while, it's time to check out that bag full of new yarns.  Mmm mmm mmm, it's like getting a Christmas present!  Even if I did buy it myself!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

You have a beautiful family and it sure must be nice to have the assistance of that nice young man to do the heavy moving.
To me, one of the smart phones best features is being able to access the JoAnne's coupons. This is a real boon to those of us without a real address!