Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Every Girl Needs A Little Bling Bling

July 8, 2014

Good morning.  It felt good to sleep in late this morning.  I'm thinking that today and tomorrow are going to be two more lazy days, as the temps are supposed to be wicked hot in the 90's F.  Of course, that could change.  New England is famous for it's changing weather.

Last night I worked on the red, white and blue afghan, and now it is three quarters done.  That's a good feeling. I also spent a little time going through my bird books, trying to identify which sparrows we have here in my yard.  Aside from the house sparrows, it's difficult to identify the others.  They all look so similar to each other. 

Lately, I've been trying to get photos of the different sparrows.  Here's one of them.  Do any of you know which one this is?  If so, do let me know. 


Last week while Dee Dee and I were out shopping, we came across a very interesting counter in Sears.  It had a large display of some really pretty watches.  Well, neither of us really needed a new watch, but - well - it's a girl thing.  We all need some new bling bling once in a while.  After spending  some fun time trying on the different watches , we each picked one out and left the store a couple of happy campers.

The watches are really quite pretty, and double as bracelets too.  Here's what mine looks like.



Being home for two uninterrupted weeks is going to feel like a sort of vacation.  Or maybe a practice run to prepare for retirement.  Hmmm.  I think I'll have to look into some volunteer type things to keep me active.   There's an animal hospital not far from my house, so maybe I can see if they need help with the animals.  It's a thought.  I'll have to do some thinking about this.

There's not much news for today, and it's getting close to lunch time so I think I'll go see what I can rustle up for our lunch.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your watch is so pretty! I love it. Enjoy your time off!

smiekeltje said...

May be some volunteer work will be good to do once you are retired, but you will also spend more time on your photography and such I think.But if the animal rescue is near to your house, it will be lovely to go there perhaps once a week? Would you be able to resist all those sad eyes of the animals waiting for a good home? I know it would be very hard for me!
Lovely watch, I must say. Those bracelet kind are not for me, mostly, cause my wrist is sooo small and thin, I better like a strap.
Enjoy your long free weeks, without interruption of working nights!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Very pretty watches...most unusual. Enjoy your two weeks of free time, it's nice to have "nothing to do" and be able to do as much or as little as desired.