Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Beautiful New Bird (At least for me)

July 6, 2014

Good morning.  It's not quite five o'clock yet (in the morning) and the Mrs is still asleep.  Thank goodness.  Last night, she was in a weird mood, and after she had already been tucked into bed, she came creeping around on her electric scooter.  She said she had to keep an eye on me.

It was another hour before I could get her tucked back into her bed.  Eventually, she fell asleep.  Aside from calling me a few times through the night, she's been fairly quiet.  She has developed quite a wicked cough, and I'm hoping that I don't pick up a summer cold from her. 

Last night, while reading my latest copy of Birds & Blooms Extra, I came across a photo of a new bird that I had never seen before.  The Red Crested Cardinal, normally from countries in South America, is now also seen in Hawaii and Puerto Rico.  It's such a beautiful bird that I looked it up on Google and downloaded some photos of it to share.




Isn't this a beauty?  Actually, it isn't really related to the Cardinal bird family.  It is part of the Tanager family.  Hmmmm, not quite sure how that happened, but that's what my research said.  Either way, this is a gorgeous bird, and I thought it worthy of sharing.

Last evening, I heard the back door (here at work) being opened so I went to see who it might be.  Imagine my surprise when I saw a large raccoon trying to open the door.  Every night he knocks the trash barrel over and makes quite a mess for us to clean up so we moved the barrel into the back hallway. 

This is one really smart raccoon!!  Anyway, when he saw me coming, he turned and ran off.  I closed and locked the inside door so he could not get back inside the house.  What a shame I could not get a photo of the intruder.

NEWS FLASH!!  If anyone wants lessons on how to use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, please visit the forum at Hummies World.  All the lessons are now free, and all the lesson videos are on You Tube.  There is a wealth of learning available and folks to help you if you don't understand something.  

Folks, the Digital Scrapbooking forums are slowing disappearing.  I find this to be rather sad.  One can meet so many new people and have fun sharing information.  In order to keep this forum alive, Hummie is now offering all her classes for free.  So do pay a visit and help to keep this forum alive.  It's a wonderful thing to learn something new, and you can learn something new every day at Hummies World

As for Hurricane Arthur, it did not stop long enough in our area to cause us a problem.  However, it did create a bit of havoc on Cape Cod and surrounding towns.  We had rain most of the day Friday, but that was about it.  Yesterday was bright and sunny again. 

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

There are so many beautiful birds in the world. I've never seen this one but it would be a real treat to see it in the wild.

smiekeltje said...

Always something happening at the Mrs, LOL!
Best part of it was the visit of the racoon, he was a smart guy!
That bird really is a beautiful one!
Glad that Arthur didn;t cause a lot of trouble for you.
Oh, a bit of rain is always good, as long as after a couple of hours the sun will come and shine happily.
You take care and have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the shout out and looking through your last few posts I'm reminded of your beautiful photography!