Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Rain Has Caught Up With Us

June 4, 2014

Good morning.  I'm still at work, and so far the new day is gray and wet.  The next couple of days will be much cooler and wetter than the last few fabulous days.  A few days ago, I bought myself a beautiful new umbrella, lime green with white polka dots.  Guess where it is?  Home, of course. 

Last night, the Mrs wasn't so bad.  She actually smiled a couple of times.  It's nights like this that make me enjoy coming to work.  However, they are far and few between lately.  I miss a lot of great photos by not working days anymore.  All of the Mrs' plants are in bloom, and her Beauty Bush is just gorgeous.  Still, that's not enough to coax me into working days again.

Daughter Audrey told me about a product that works pretty good at keeping the mosquitos away.  It's called "Thermacell".   I looked it up on Walmart.com, and it had some pretty good reviews.  So, I think I'll be ordering some for myself and Pogo.  I thought that maybe by clipping one of these on his play tent, he could enjoy playing without getting bit by the mosquitos. 

After the Mrs was in bed last night, I spent some time on-line checking out CatalogFavorites.com.  There are so many wonderful things in this catalogue, and now is a good time to get some of my holiday shopping done. 

No, I'm not crazy for getting a lot of the shopping done now.  Do you see how quickly June got here?  Well before you know it, you'll be cooking the Thanksgiving turkey, and wondering what happened to summer.  Time has a way of slipping by rather  quickly. 

Today I have a couple of photos that I took a couple of days ago while Pogo and I were walking around outdoors.  My back yard is mostly overgrown with trees and greenery and a few flowers sprinkled here and there.  Here's a couple photos to show what it looks like now.  It's really quite pretty when the sun is shining.



 A lot of this back yard used to be cleared out and we had a huge veggie garden there.  But it's a lot of work keeping it cleared, so I've just let it get overgrown.  It's still rather pretty in its own way.

.........Sorry, I had to take a short break here.  The Mrs was calling and needed some tending.  She is back in bed now and will soon be asleep again.  It's time now for me to start packing up my things to get ready to go home. 

Before I leave, here's an update on granddaughter Jasmine.  After two auditions with the new threatre group, she has got a part.  It's in the chorus, not a starring role, but an important one.  Most all our famous Broadway musical stars got their start in  the chorus.  It's a good place to begin.  Congratulations Jazzy.  I love you.

Well, that's my post for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: