Monday, May 5, 2014

Get Well Wishes For The Mrs, Kevin and Ms. Morgan

May 5, 2014

Good morning.  I'm at work, and the Mrs was been in a much better mood last night.  Of course, they might be because she has a wicked cough and isn't feeling so good.  Hopefully, her family will take her to her doctor and she will be feeling better soon.

The rain that we were expecting for yesterday and last night hasn't happened yet, and it doesn't look like it will be raining today either.  I guess I'll just have to hand water all the new plants today.  It's also good that I did not spread any of the new grass seed the other day.  I would have been counting on the rain to give the seeds a good soaking.  Maybe we'll get a little rain later this week.

Last night, I got brave and left home without my good camera.  I thought I would try using my Canon SX50HS instead.  So far, the photos that I've taken with it are pretty good, and it is a lot lighter to carry around with me. 

Here's a photo I took through our kitchen window with the SX.  This little fellow had come over to feast on the bird seed on the ground, and spotted me looking out at him.  After a moment, he decided that I was not a threat and enjoyed his meal.


For those of you who are old enough to appreciate this next photo, I have a fascinating photo to share with you that my friend Rhoda sent to me.  How many of you have ever had the opportunity to see a Falcon nesting in a tree?  It really is a wondrous sight!  Folks, feast your eyes on this and enjoy.


Yesterday was a nice quiet day, so I really do not have any news.  I suppose in a way that is a good thing.  My grandson Kevin has been having some problems these past few days with his asthma, and had to go to the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I'm still waiting to hear how he made out there.  It's not easy living with asthma, especially when you are a very athletic teenager. 

I received a request for a get well card for a lovely lady who is quite sick.  She is an avid blogger and a mail box full of get well cheer would make her feel so much better.  Ms Morgan is around 80 years old, and is the aunt to Suzanne (from Colorado Lady and the Secret Santa Soiree).  If you've participated in Suzanne's Secret Santa Soiree, then maybe you might be able to send a card to her wonderful aunt. 

The mailing address is:  Ms. Lavoice Morgan, 1620 Barron Lane, Ft. Worth, TX 76112.  Even if you don't know her, send a card anyway.  You'll feel better, and it will definitely put a smile on Ms. Morgan's face.  God Bless you!

It's time to check on the Mrs again.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

How lucky you are to have quiet, uneventful days ... right now I would die for one ... just one would do to give me a break from the constant push going on in my life. It is all good stuff, but not easy. I did finally get to clean out two of my garden areas so that leaves me just one to go ... and then "the hill" :( It would seem that you are way ahead of us in Spring which is interesting because we are not that different in latitude ... but we are still cold here. Yesterday we got up into the 60's, but it is cold again today and I can see by looking at the waves (yes waves, not ripples) on the lake that the wind is coming from the north. I am seeing things coming up in my gardens finally, but there are some that are always late bloomers that haven't even given a sign of life. I can't tell if they have survived the winter or not ... still waiting.

I have often thought of getting a smaller, more managable camera, but the shots I would miss are the telephoto shots and those are usually (being a bird nut) the best ones. So far I haven't taken the plunge ... though seeing the pictures you took with yours might swing me that way. Love your little squirrel ... they really are the cutest, aren't they?

I feel for Kevin. This has been a really difficult Spring (if you can call it that) for asthma and for allergies. I have a lot of friends who are sick this year. I think a long, hard, cold winter can wear down your resistence and leave you open for Spring issues.

I am off to the dentist with my daughter again today. It has been awhile since we had to go which was a welcome break from driving in the traffic downtown. But we must get back to the business of keeping her well.

My son has moved into the apartment downstairs ... it is awesome to have him around. He is very busy,cleaning and painting the apartment then he will be helping us with getting rid of our stuff. He can also help me with some of the heavy lifting around here since my FH can't do it anymore. It makes me happy to have him so close ... hope he can be happy with it :)

Well, my friend, I am off to get some things done (including getting dressed) before we have to take off. You have a wonderful, restful day and I too wish the Mrs. well. I do hope her family takes care of this ... at her age, nothing is minor. Be well and a little ear scratching for Pogo :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Poor Mrs. No wonder she is a bit grumpy lately. I hope you will not vatch her bad gough. You had more than enough of that!
Sending "feeling soon better"wishes for Kevin too!
Must be aweful for him not to be able to sport the way he would like!
Love the squirrel picture and the one with the car in the tree is hilarious!
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

You are such a blessing Miss Edna! I need ot get my card to LaVoice. I have spent two days contacting as many as I can via Facebook and e mail to send out cards. She is such a gem. I am happy you are involved here. Thank you so much. Have a terrific week. Hugs, Anne

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Great shots with your smaller camera and love the nesting falcon...ROFL!
Hey, I will send a card to Mrs. Morgan since it is across town for me.
Hope Kevin is feeling better, I can empathize as I had asthma for many years (mostly from cigarette smoke from my other half). SCARY stuff!
Glory be...it is raining here, we need it so badly, right now, just slow and steady and hope it soaks in and not run off (even though our lakes need the run off)! My yards need it so much.
Off to next post! Hugs, Mat