Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Gull Convention In The Park

May 7, 2014

Good morning.  It's looking like we're in for another gorgeous sunny day here in New England.  Yesterday, Pogo and I went out to do a couple of errands, and on the way home we stopped by the park.  There must have been a gull convention going on because there were lots of gulls there.  They were all just sitting on the rocks, enjoying the sun.




All of these photos were taken with the Canon Power Shot SX50 HS.  I have to admit, it does take some nice photos.  The only problem I was having was being able to follow moving things in the view finder.  But that could have been me, and not the camera.  I also took a really nice video with it.

Yesterday, I was looking through some photos, and I came across an adorable photo of Kevin that I thought I would share here.  His dad was painting their house, and Kevin was helping by painting the woodwork on the basement windows.


Today I have wonderful news about his sister, Jasmine, to share.  Jazzy had been asked to sing the national anthem for the opening day of the Brockton North Little League Baseball.  I was not able to attend the game, but everyone else including the mayor was there.  I have to say that Jazzy sang wonderfully.  I watched the video that her Mom (Deanne) had taken.  Wow Jazzy!!!  Great job!!!

I dug out a couple of scrap layouts that I made of Jazzy back in 2008.  The first is photos of her as she was growing up, and the second layout shows Jazzy in the beginning stages of her "one day soon" Broadway career.  She's relaxing on the porch while playing her trombone.



I've been told that coming up in August, Jazzy and her theatre group will be performing at a local shopping mall.  When I get more particulars, I'll definitely post them here.

Well, now I think I'll see about disturbing a few dust bunnies.  Who knows, maybe I'll even talk a few of them into moving out.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I adore that last image of her with the feet hanging out of the frame. One of these days I need to get serious about learning more with photoshop....but the sun is shining and that is such a rare thing I need to just enjoy it for a while.

Nani said...

Now that my computer is back and loaded and working, it’s reading catchup time!

I love your squirrely pictures from the end of April! I was also kinda taken aback by the photo of the HUGE gray striped kitty. Yanno kitties grow slower, but they keep growing after the first year. Our Marco is gray like tha kitty and he is already 10 pounds at 11 months although he’s still skinny like his momma was. He likes to crawl on my shoulders and chest; I hope he doesn’t get THAT big! :D

Izzy’s video for Pogo is wonderful!

So cool that Kevin was invited to the NYLF! I’m sure the honor roll standing helped!

I like the deer family photos, very nice group. We never see more than one at a time here! The planter you sent with the Bunny for Eddie is so sweet, especially with his green hair growing!

I picked California Chrome at first but changed my mind before the race started. I of course choose my horse by how cool or cute the name is. I went with Wicked Strong, tipping my hat to Boston. Fourth place. :)

Kevin and his prom date look so good! Gosh kids clean up so nice for prom!

Wishes for everyone to get to feeling better! I agree that asthma and sports is a challenge to control. Pneumonia is awful. Sending good thought and prayers for Kevin that the antibiotics do their thing and quickly. I’ll be out on Friday and I’m getting a card for Lavoice. I follow and enjoy her blog.

Kyra has just done some amazing pages! And we are getting beautiful spring green all over now too!

I had to look at the camera you’re using for carrying around. Nice! I use a Power Shot G11 and I like it. The old photos and pages are fun! I like looking through my old scrapbooks and photos from time to time too. :)

And now I’m up to date!

Hugs for you and scritches for Pogo, Nani

smiekeltje said...

So you had some great moments in the parc enjoying the gulls and your camera LOL.
Good for you!
What an adorable picture of Kevin!
And also congratulations to Jasmine, this girl is doing great and I am sure she will be a star in the musical!
I always talk to dust bunnies but I believe they are totally deaf LOL!
But we always can keep trying, and perhaps we need to talk to them with sign language?
Have a great day.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

What gorgeous photos and love the ones you did of Jazzy, you have to be proud of her, she is so gorgeous too!
Well, I think I have caught up with you to date...thanks so much for stopping by my place and leaving such lovely comments. If you figure out how to get those dust bunnies to move...let me know the trick okay?
Have a most wonderful day, hug Pogo for me and will chat more later on, I hope to stay caught up with all my favorite blogs now for a while...LOL! Hugs, Mat