Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Edie

April 22, 2014

The sun is shining and it is supposed to be warm today.  Good morning America!`  What a great day to be alive.  In a little while, Pogo and I will hop in the car and do a couple of errands.  One, of course, will be to visit that new garden center.  I'm hoping to come home with a brand new lilac bush to plant.

Today is SIL Edie's birthday.  Pogo and I wish you a beautiful day filled with sunshine and love.  Here's big hugs from me and some licks from Pogo.  We love you Edie.

Yesterday morning we did go out, but only made it to the Post Office to mail a box.  I really wanted to do a few more errands, but was too tired so we headed back home.  In between naps and a few other small things, I managed to put a few more rows on the green afghan.  It will have 106 rows, and I've done 49 rows so far. 

Last night, I spent some time looking over a lot of the free patterns that I found on the links that Kyra sent to me.  Wow, there are some fabulous designs, and not all of them are difficult.  I even found a really pretty granny square to try.  It is ruffled, and would make a rather pretty afghan.  Isn't this pretty?


Our dwarf Helen is off work this Thursday, and we are planning to go check out the JoAnn's Fabric and Crafts Super store.  I've been told that they have a really huge yarn inventory, so this should be a fun outing.

Today I have a couple of cute photos to share.  These two lily plants are so happy to see Spring finally arrive that they are willing to grow anywhere just to bask in the warm sunshine.  One is growing out of a tiny crack in a short cement wall, and the other is growing out the side of a cement block.  It just goes to show that where there is hope, there is a way.



Well, that's my news for today.  Now it's time to pay a few bills, and then get ready to do some errands.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Isn't it amazing the way plants can persevere? That ruffly granny square looks like a fun basket of sorts...very creative.

Anonymous said...

Love the ruffly square . . . .so many possibilities......also, the site Pinterest has gazillions of pins for crochet projects.....each pin can link you to sites for crochet......lots free, so not.....but a hoarder's heaven!!!

Donna

Anonymous said...

oops that should be some not

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday to Edie!!

That granny square looks lovely, but oh my, you will have to make lots of them for a decent sized afghan.
There are so many great patterns for afghans both in crochet and knit, that it is difficult to choose. Best is of course, when the pattern/stitch isn;t too complicated, LOL.

unny how plants sometimes find there way to grow on odd places!
Just proves how strong nature can be.
Have lots of fun with helen in the craft store, and oh yeah, also in the garden centre!
Hugs
Kyra