Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring Is Only Three Weeks Away!!

March 1, 2014

Good morning, and welcome to March!  And three more weeks till Spring!!  Oh happy day, Winter will soon be over and I'm very happy to see it go.  I've been awake for hours, so I figured I may as well get up and make some breakfast.  I enjoyed my pancakes, but Pogo turned his little nose up at his doggie food.   Oh well.

Yesterday was a very trying day.  I was busy trying to make sure all the things on my "to do" list got done.  One of the things I had to do was to print out my trip itinerary and my plane ticket information.  However, when I tried to print them out, the printer wouldn't work.  It was saying that one of the colors needed to be replaced.  When one of the colors is empty, the printer won't work.

When Joe came home from work, I took him food shopping.  On the way we stopped at Best Buy to buy some ink for my printer.  They said they did not carry it anymore (my printer is too old, I guess) and that I would most likely be able to find it at Staples.  So off to Staples we went.  Guess what?   They didn't have any either.  Next we went to Walmart but they did not have it either.  The only way I can get ink refills for my printer is to order it online.

I called daughter Deanne to see if I could print my stuff on her printer.  Her printer wasn't working, but she said she would try to fix it.  When I got home, I decided to tear the computer room apart again to see if I could find some ink.  As soon as I put the light on, my eyes went right to my desk, and there on my desk sat a box of ink refills.  DUH! 

The image for this week's Friday Photoshop challenge (yes, I know I'm late with it!) is a photo of water birds.  I think they are brown pelicans.

 
This is my finished image.  I thought maybe they were part of a small welcoming group putting on a little show to welcome Pogo and me to Florida.  You think so?
 
 
Folks, if you like to play around with images, please join us at the Queen Jester's blog.  It doesn't matter what program you use for editing images, and it is a lot of fun.  We'd love to have you join us.
 
Today I have to re-pack my suitcase one last time, and then I'll get my carry-on packed.  This is it.  Tomorrow, Pogo and I will be enjoying the warmth of sunny Florida.    Ooooooo, it will feel sooooo good! 

Before I finish this post, let me put up the March page of my calendar.


That's it for today.  I have dishes to wash, and a few last minute things to do.  I won't be posting tomorrow because we'll be travelling.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels & enjoy sunny Florida !!! Donna

Annesphamily said...

Oh enjoy Florida! We will be heading to NYC Thursday next week to see Nick run at Nationals! Probably getting into more snow! LOL! Thank goodness this is Nationals for indoor track! HaHa! I am catching up a bit. Love your images. I am clueless to do any of that stuff on line. Those birds look happy like you and Pogo away from the cold and snowy days! Enjoy my friend! Hugs, Anne

seamhead gypsy said...

Edna, a little trick I use for printer ink is to have at least two cartridges of every color that my printer takes on hand. Even though my printer was bought at Staples only 2 years ago, they don't stock the ink it takes. So I have to order online. It usually shows up within 2 or 3 days once it ordered but that doesn't help when I'm printing a 20 plus page document and I need ink, much like what happened to you.

Have a safe flight. Enjoy the warm sunshine. Over here in west central Ohio ( and I suspect up in Nani land as well) we are getting a projected 8 plus inches on Sunday. Sure wish I was going to be in Florida or Arizona instead!

aquascrap said...

Hope you and Pogo have a wonderful holiday in Florida and enjoy the warmth of the sun and come back refreshed and ready to start your Spring.

We are having gorgeous temperatures here and are taking full advantage of them hence why I haven't posted. It has been great to sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Safe travels
Judy xxx

smiekeltje said...

I hate it when the printer doesn;t work when it is missing one of the colors!
I have an Epson, prints okay, but all cartridges have to be filled. I have most of the time some reserve ones, but you will see that when you really need it, there aren't LOL. I can find them still , even "suitable"ones(they are a bit cheaper, but that is a pain to install, cause the printer doesn;t accept them and I have to unplug, replug start again the computer and printer, then it works most of the time. So I better like to have the originals.
Glad you found a set in the computer room, so that problem is solved for the moment for you!
Hope your travel will go smooth and will not be too tyring and you will travel safe!
Now hoping you will have great weather and lots of fun in Florida.
Till then
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Safe travels to you and Pogo - the warmth of Florida awaits you! It's been unseasonably warm down here...and I'm not complaining one bit.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I understand at home in WI it was a -19 below last night. They have had 45 days below zero this winter and 28 days more than more than -10 below zero!!!! This is definitely a winter to follow the sun. Enjoy Florida.