Friday, March 14, 2014

Only One More Day To Enjoy The Florida Sunshine

March 14, 2014

Good evening.  It's 8:18 p.m. and I'm finally able to get on my blog.  As slow as my laptop at home can be sometimes, I don't think I'll complain about it again.  Yesterday, we had a great lazy day working on our crochet projects and taking photos. 

Janet had brought along a couple of new nail polishes, and used one of them to "prettify" her nails.



Yesterday was also laundry day, and I found this cute little fellow sunning by the laundry.  He actually sat there long enough for me to take a few photos.


Later, when the sun started to go down, we came inside to watch some television and do more chrocheting.  Here's a nice photo of Pogo sitting on Janet's lap, and another of him snuggling with Janet.



I did take a photo of my "colorful thing", but I'll save that photo for another day.  I'm feeling pretty lucky to be able to post what I already have here.  Today we went to the UPS store to mail my "selfie" mailer boxes home.  I bought a few things while I've been here, so I had to send two boxes home.

Then we stopped by another flea market.  This time I was able to walk around the whole thing before these old legs gave out.  It was really nice.  I found me another pair of my favorite leather flip flops, and of course I just had to buy them.

When we got home, we took more photos of the beautiful flowers around here, and then it was time to give Pogo a bath.  This is not his favorite fun thing, but he puts up with it for me.  (I guess)   Now I'm going to curl up on the sofa with my crochet project and watch some TV.  We have one more day to enjoy this fabulous weather, and I think we will spend it lazing about, soaking up the warm sunshine.  So, till tomorrw (if the internet behaves), Y'all have a fabulous evening. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

I wish you could stay longer......until this winter goes away. You sound so happy there. Pogo certainly is getting loved on. I bet the warm weather is better for your legs than this cold stuff. Have fun on your last day and safe travels.

smiekeltje said...

Such a pity your vacation is already almost done with! You should have taken another week, you know!
But you will have lots of fun memories and photos to take home, so you can relive it a bit.
Wonderful you could do the whole flea market, they arre always such fun to be.
Make the most of your last day and come home safely, you hear!
Thanks for the postcard, by the way. Received it yesterday!
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

Enjoy the last of your trip! Spring is coming, albeit slowly, to the north. We have the big patches of brown with a little green back and in the areas where the snow had receded yesterday there are sprigs of flowers! There was even one crocus with a little bit of yellow bud! I took a couple photos yesterday and I'll gt some more this morning since it was warm (low of 32) night and a lot more thaw overnight. It would still be great if you sent all of your friends in the north that Florida weather as a souvenir! :)

Pogo just loves everybody! (And everyone loves Pogo too!) Such sweet photos of him and Janet!

I'm glad your legs were kinder to you at the Flea Market.

Enjoy the last of your stay and a safe trip home!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so sorry to hear your stay is coming to an end. It's always hard to leave the warmth and sunshine behind and return to snow and cold. But ... spring will be here soon and it's always fun to watch the ground wake up with spring flowers and grass.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So happy you have had a great vacation so far, enjoy this last day and make the most of it. I am sure you will be bringing home lots of fond memories. Wish your vacation could have been a little longer though. Glad you got to go through the flea market and hope your flight home is a safe journey for you and Pogo and Janet. Great photos as usual. Chat more when you get back to faster internet....LOL! Hugs, Mat