Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Baby Has A Monster Headache

March 5, 2014

Good morning from cloudy but warm Florida.  Today we expect some rain showers with more rain later this afternoon and evening.   But that's okay, more time to stay indoors and play on the computers.   It's also a good day for the girls to do their laundry.   Here's a nice photo of the girls.  That's Wanda on the left, and daughter Audrey (my rummage baby) on the right.


For those of you who do not know the story behind the rummage baby, I used to tell her that I got a bag for $1.50 filled with all sorts of goodies at a rummage sale, and when I got home and emptied the bag I found a baby (her) in the bottom of the bag.   Hence, she's my rummage baby.  

I have to tell you about my poor baby's accident yesterday.  Wanda had gone out walking, and I heard a noise that I thought was her opening the door to come back in.  I quickly put Pogo out on the porch so he would not get out the door, and I shut the sliding glass patio door.  As I turned away, Pogo went flying at top speed to come back into the living room and crashed into the glass door.   A bit stunned, he backed up and did it again.  Crash!  Crash! 

Oh my poor Pogo!!  You know he has a headache that would flatten one of us.  After holding him for a while I put him on the sofa where he cuddled up in his blankets.  We kept checking him every fifteen minutes or so to make sure he did not have a concussion.  I'm sure that today he still has a very big headache though, because he's not his perky self.   Here's my little guy last night after his wicked accident.


Is this not heart breaking?  He is still not himself, but hopefully by tomorrow he will be bouncy again.  He has been having such a grand time lapping up all the special attention from the girls.  He's definitely a ladies' man!
 
My ankles have been swelled up quite a bit, so yesterday we did not do much other than play on the computers.  Late afternoon, we made a quick trip to Walmart and the girls ran in to pick up a few things that we needed for supper.  While they were shopping, I got a few shots of the gorgeous clouds.  The first of these photos was the sky to my left, and the second photo was the sky to my right showing the darker rain clouds moving in.  One sky, two different views.
 

 
Well, that's it for today.  We have lots of fun mischief to get into.  So till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Poor little Pogo ... I hope he is feeling better. i bet he will have a sore spot on his head for awhile so be careful when you hold him. Izzi sends licks ... she says licks are good for owies.

I did see that handsome Turkey Vulture ... they are so magnificent when they are flying. There are a lot of them in Florida especially this time of year because there are the locals and the migrants (another kind of snowbirds :)

We got another 6 inches of snow last night ... I think they are fianlly saying that this has been the coldest winter since they staeted keeping records and so far only the third most snow winter ... but we are going to break that record at the rate we are going. Pretty unbelievable ... be glad you are in a warm place. You have fun with your girls and hope you can get out and about a little more. Have you tried taking a diuretic? It might help with the swelling, but be sure you take a potassium pill each day if you do use a diuretic.

My son is off to Thailand, we are waiting to hear from him. He is meeting the family of the girl he met ... could be interesting. Izzi is loving the snow. Doesn't seem to have any problem with the cold. I think she has grown used to it because I rarely have to use the boots on her anymore.

Hope you are having a fun time and enjoying what we are all wishing for ... that warm sun. Be well, Edna and rest and relaxation are the words for the day ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Debby said...

Poor Pogo. I hope he is okay.
I'm glad you are enjoying the rain and having fun. I am so glad that you are warm.
Take care of Pogo. I liked that he got to run around naked, hah. He is a child isn't he.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, poo Pogo! Glass doors can be very disturbing!
Check on him again today, and if thee's any doubt something is still a bit strange with him, perhaps a visit to the petdoctor must be done. But I hope that will not be necessary! Porbably all will be good again when he has another day of rest. Stupid little dog!
Glad to hear you all have fun together, and spending a real good time.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

That photo of Audrey is how I imagine you looked when younger...am I right? You have lovely girls.
Poor Pogo - he must have a headache as well as feel foolish for having done it twice.