Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lots More Snow, Oh Goody!

February 16, 2014

Good morning.  Well, we got us another six or seven more inches of snow yesterday.  Oh joy, Oh joy!!  And there's even more coming in a couple of days.  Golly, I'll be so glad when Winter moves on and let's some Spring warmth in. 

Here are a few photos that I took yesterday while the snow was falling.  The birdies are my favorites.  I can watch them all day.





I took this next photo this morning through the storm door, hence the bluish tint. 


I promised a new photo of Pogo with his Valentine doggie.  As you can see, he's not really very impressed with it.  He gave it a good sniff, then knocked it down and walked away.  When you press on a certain spot on the little dog, it makes a kissing sound and says "I love you".   This scared Pogo and made him turn away.



My little lion king is in need of a good grooming.  I'll try to make him an appointment for later this week.  I also have to make him an appointment for his check up; and we have to pick up his new license.   I have already ordered his new flea and heartworm meds, along with a couple of new shirts.  Pretty soon, he'll be all set for Spring.

Joe is outdoors trying to clean up the yard with the snow blower.  It's really quite a job because a lot of the snow underneath the top layer is half frozen.  Plus, we have a huge driveway.  When he comes in, I'll see if he wants a nice hot breakfast.  Maybe some pancakes?  We'll see.

I've been having a few problems with Google/Blogger lately.  When I try to leave a comment on someone's blog, the comment keeps disappearing.  I retype it, but then when I click on the "publish" button, the whole comment disappears again.  Hmmm, is anyone else having this problem?    So, if you don't get a comment from me, wait a day or so and I'll try again.

Now I need to get busy here.  There's lots to do before we start packing our suitcase.  So till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

The birdies with the gently falling snow photos are beautiful! If it could snow like that without sticking, it could do it all the time. We have that half-frozen snow base. Cars can drive over that and people can even carefully walk on it, but the weight distribution and smaller tires, a powerchair sinks in it! (Thus why I’d prefer it didn’t stick!)

Aw! Poor Pogo scared by his Valentine doggie! Our girls aren’t big fans of anything that makes sounds too, although Kaline had “Devil Guy” when she was a kitten that she loved. Devil Guy was a cartoonish round red plush with horns on an elastic string that went “boing-oing-oing” when you hit it and snapped it up on the elastic. I got it on closeout with the Valentine stuff. As much as she loved that, she generally hates anything else that makes noise.

I haven’t had any comment-leaving problems, but I bet if Murphy has his way this won’t send now. (But I copied it on my clipboard just in case!)

I’ll send warm thoughts your way to maybe help the snow gently melt a little. I think I’ll try that out here to make sure it works first!

Stay warm!
Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I just heard that our temperatures are going to get up into the 40's this week. That could mean a lot of melting and then we have to be prepared for flooding ... can't seem to win ... But, no matter what, I am ready for Spring. Lucky you will get to it much sooner because you will be in Florida :)

Love your little Nut Hatches ... they are so cute whether you take their picture in the snow or sunshine. And I have to agree with Pogo ... that little red animal has a devilish look about him and then to say smooch, smooch! I think I would run too:) It is five ... feeding time for the furbabies and they are all letting me know it too. So I will be heading downstairs and then across the street as I am still caring for my friends cats. You have a nice evening ... I assume you are working so hope the Mrs. is in a good mood. Stay well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Pogo surely knows what he likes or not LOL!
Oh well, also without his Valentine's gift he knows you love him!!
Hmmm, that snow is still very annoying! Yes, you give Joe a nice breakfast, he will need it after his hard work!
Hopefully later this week the temps will go up and melt all the snow.
Hugs
Kyra

Grandma Sarge said...

I had the problem you talked about and I discovered that it was trying to correct my spelling and if I said ignore every time it highlighted a word it finally went away and I hit publish and it worked. Most dictionaries don't like the abbreviations we use unless we add them to the standard dictionary. Hope this helps.