Sunday, January 5, 2014

We're Having A Two Day Heatwave!

January 5, 2014

Good morning.  I'm not so crabby this morning, but then I haven't gone outside to try to start my car either.  When I get my brave up a little, I'll go out and try.

Yesterday, SIL Eddie came over and used an electric battery starter to get my car going.  After that, I took my car to the dealership to find out why the battery had gone dead.  I could have saved my self the time and trouble because the guy there only said that the only way it could have been drained was if I had left something on overnight.  Eddie had already checked for this, and like I told him, I left absolutely nothing on.

Because Joe had gone with me to the dealership, I had to try hard to behave like a lady.  Next time, I'll go alone!  When I get that mad, I want to express myself a bit, and not just do the "yes sir" and "no sir" thing.  So instead, I'll do the next best thing.  Folks, if your car needs servicing and it just might be the fault of the dealership, take a mechanic with you if you go to BERNARDI HYUNDAI.

There, now although that did not solve any mechanical problems, it certainly soothed my feathers a bit. 

Today is the first day of our two day "heat wave".   We are now up to about 15 degrees F, heading for the upper 40's.  Tonight will stay around 36F and tomorrow should reach 50F.  Then tomorrow night it will be back to the cold temps again.  I have just gone outside to start my car, and yes, it started.  That is good because I have to go to work tonight.

I found a couple of cute stories on my daughter's Facebook page that I thought I would share.  The first one is a must because it's about a dwarf, and the second one brought back memories of years gone by.

  *****************************
"I rear-ended a car this morning... the start of a REALLY bad day!
The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
 
That's how the fight started.
****************************
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept
hinting to me that I should get if fixed.  But somehow, I always
had something else to  take care of first, the shed, the boat,
making beer.....Always something more important to me.
 
Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.  When
I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass,
busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors.  I
watched silently for a short time and then went into the house.
I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again, I
handed her a toothbrush.
 
I said "when you finish cutting the grass, you might as well
sweep the driveway."
 
The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.
***************************
Many years ago, shortly after I had bought my first house, the grass in the yard was getting quite tall, but the my fiancé's lawnmower was broken.  After asking him several times to get it fixed, I took a pair of kitchen shears and proceed to sit in the grass and cut all of it with the scissors.  I must say that I did a pretty good job, but would not consider doing it that way again.  It took a week for the blisters on my hands to go away.  Soon after that, the lawnmower was fixed. 

I found a couple of really cute tee shirts for my kitty lovin' friends. 



Folks, here's another photo image that I got from my daughter's Facebook page.  PLEASE, PLEASE remember to bring your pets indoors when the weather is as cold as it has been lately.  We have domesticated them,  and they cannot survive out in the bitter cold.  If they do go out for a few minutes, do wash their the chemicals off their feet.  Make sure they are warm and have plenty of food and water.  They make dog and cat sweaters, coats and booties for a reason.  Please use them.


Well, now it's time to feed my little Pogo.  He is lying quietly beside me on the sofa.  He doesn't ask for much.  Just some good food, his turkey when he wants it, and lots of hugging.   I say he can have all he wants!  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Over that last picture makes me so sad. :( David had seen three little feral black kitties by the dumpsters at one of the downtown McDonald’s. He couldn’t coax them over to him but he had seen them there a couple of times. He’s concerned with as cold as it’s been, and how much colder still it’s going to be looking at the next couple of days, for their safety. Marco loves to go on the porch any time the door is open and on one of the really cold days last week when I opened the door to get a package off the porch Marco got near the door and turned around and ran back into the house. A good rule of thumb is that if you turn around and run away from an open door if you have no coat it’s too cold for your furbabies!

--Steps off soap box--

WTG, lovely black eye you gave your dealership’s service department you shout-out! I’m glad your car is starting well today. David just replaced a battery not long ago that was dying on a semi-regular basis for no apparent reason. If it’s covered by warranty you might want to insist that they give you a new one. (I don’t think you have a problem getting them to do it your way) ;-)

We have snow. It started snowing around 10 o’clock-ish and it’s supposed to snow … And snow… And snow and snow and snow all day. We’re expecting another 6 inches or so on top of the nine we already have. It’s definitely going to be a drink hot cocoa while taking pictures out the window day.

If this storm is coming your way enjoy your current “heat wave” because after the snow we’re expecting temps colder than man, woman or furbaby should have to deal with.

Hugs, Nani

Kathy said...

Please stay warm! It is so cold here and so much snow with more expected. Even though I'm a little south of you, it doesn't seem to matter. It seems that all of the country except for a very little bit is in this deep freeze.

That last picture looked like my new little kitty. I found her huddled in my alleyway about a month ago. She was all covered with snow and ice. My husband brought her in and she has been with us ever since. She is so grateful for a warm home and food to eat. It is obvious she belonged to someone before. Why do people do that to their animals? I hope those little kittens get rescued.

smiekeltje said...

So a the moment you are still lucky with the weather. Just saw some pactures of the snow lots of people have to endure and then the cold!!!!
Hope your area will not have the full blow of it later!
Fun, isn't it, to go to the car dealer and get such a respond??? Never mind, if Joe is with you next time, just let all your anger get out LOL!
Good thing Eddie could do some good on the car's battery!
Have a great day!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I loved the jokes - had to read them to Pete at breakfast time. I worry that the neighbors will think I'm cruel that George and Gracie spend almost all day out in their tent, but the meowing to go out makes me crazy! They love it out there. Today there is a light rain and drizzle, but they insisted on going out to play. I have a tarp over the tent part and they spend a great deal of time in there....even when it's gently raining. Crazy cats. I might have to get the "what part of meow don't you understand" shirt - it says so much!