Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Only 58 More Days Till Spring

January 22, 2014

Good morning.  I guess I'm missing on some blog lists, but I'm really still here.  I only took off the Saturday.  Gosh, it is cold and white here!  The snow started yesterday afternoon, and it hasn't stopped yet.  This photo was taken at the beginning of the storm.



Isn't this a pretty image?  It almost looks like Christmas candles, but it is really the snow on top of the hedge outside my window.


I always try to photograph the snow falling on my gentle giants (trees) because it looks so pretty.


I got up in the middle of the night to take this next photo.  I realize it is a very blurry photo, but for some reason, I like it. 


This morning, the snow is still falling and piling up.  These next two photos were taken through the kitchen window.  As you can see, there is a foot of snow on the bird feeder. 



I doubt if there will be any mail delivered today.  If your driveway is not shoveled, the mail does not get delivered.  Our yard won't be cleared until later today when Joe gets home.  No biggie.  A day without bills in the mail is a nice day.
 
The worst part of all this snow is the cold.  I really don't like the cold temperatures.   According to the weather forecaster, the cold temps will be with us for another week.  Oh goodie!  I just have to keep telling myself that Spring is coming.  Only 58 more days till Spring.
 
Today I will probably do some more knitting.  The pink thing is growing, and I'm thinking that it might end up as a warm fuzzy blanket for Pogo.  He doesn't care that it is raspberry pink.  As long as it is warm and fuzzy, that's all he cares about. 
 
I really don't have any news for today, so I think I will take my leave here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

I won’t agree about the snow versus cold, I dislike it all. This storm zapped you but good! (and it missed us, hmm…) But we all get the bone-chilling cold. :P

I’ll have to include my new facebook timeline in my blog so I can share it. It’s about that promise of spring too!

Keep warm and dry and DO NOT encourage that cold to come back!

Hugs, Nani

aquascrap said...

Love the photos of your snow, especially the one of your 'candles'.

Grrr don't like the counting down of your days to spring (lol). You know what that means for me.....cooler weather. I just like the weather we are having now...28-30C, could live with it all year round.

We desperately need some rain though. While out in the country watching the bike racing we've seen just how dry the land is. Even some overseas tourists have commented to us how dry it is and how our creeks have no water in them. To us that is normal.

Stay warm and in no time you'll have your warmer weather.
Enjoy your day

Hugs
Judy xx


Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You mean 58 too many days until Spring. We have the bone chilling cold all week and through the weekend and we are expecting snow every day. I have to say, we are having a "real" winter. Our past winters, in recent years, didn't begin to compare.

Izzi and I are headed out to school tonight ... she really needs the break. She has a lot of pent up energy to expel. When she doesn't get to go outside, she wants to play constantly in the house ... ball, frisbee, wabbity wabit, ropey bear ... they all get dropped at my feet while I am trying to get things done ... Oh please, Oh please ... send Spring!

Today was another busy day. This morning was haircuts ... badly needed, I have to say. This afternoon my daughter had therapy and I went to the grocery store while she was in there. Tonight, like I said, we have class. On days like this I long for my comfy chair and a bag of popcorn. Tomorrow I have to cook food for the weekend because I am going to be working at the Fishing and Outdoor Expo with the birds so there has to be food ready for himself ... I likely won't get home until after ten by the time we put all the birds away after the show. It will be three long days ... but it is a good show. We hear all kinds of stories about how these fishermen have seen raptors out in their travels. And we make pretty good money that helps feed and house the birds. Well worth the effort.

I need to go down and grab a bite to eat then get ready to go. Hope you had another relaxing day and that your body is healing. Enjoy your evening ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Hello Edna,

Glad to see you comments on my blogposts again LOL!
It's not that you HAVE to do it, but if you're not there, I start to worry, if all is okay with you!
Okay, you are not back to your "old-self", but I surely hope you are on the mend now?
Brrrr, snow is so beautiful to look at, but shoveling i it away isn't one of the nicest things about it.
Love the photo with the"candles"byt the way.
It seems still such a long time, 58 days till spring, we have to try to see it the positive way, but that's hard, sometimes!
Try to do all necessary to get your health back completely, stay warm and comfy,Big hug
Kyra