Sunday, January 26, 2014

I Do Think I May Be On The Mend

January 26, 2014

Good afternoon.  Wow, did I ever have a good sleep this morning!  I did get up earlier this morning to open the pantry door so that Pogo could go looking for Joe and his morning turkey treat.  Once I did that, I crawled right back into bed, and slipped right back into dreamland. 

Speaking of Joe, here's a photo of him enjoying a cup of coffee with his new coffee mug that he got for Christmas.  When he got it, it was filled with delicious chocolate.  Kyra, here's big "thank you" from Joe. 


Gosh, sometimes I feel like a neglectful Mama.  Poor Pogo wants to run and play and I haven't really had the energy or the want to do this for such a long time.  But I do cuddle and play with him, and pretty soon we'll be able to play outdoors. 

I do believe I may be on the mend.  I don't want to say it out loud and jinx it from happening, but this afternoon I am enjoying my cup of coffee.  That's a good sign, right?  And today the sun is shining.  Now all we need is for the temps to go up.

Yesterday, I had hopes of going food shopping.  I did not feel up to going Friday afternoon, and put it off till Saturday morning.  Well, Mother Nature had other plans.  My car was once again frozen and dead like a door knob.  Once was not so funny, but twice is not acceptable.  My car is brand new and should not be having these kind of problems.

SIL Eddie came to the rescue and got my car started, and Joe and I were able to do our food shopping.  As for Hyundai, I am not so happy with them anymore.  And I'm not so happy with Baby Blue Eyes anymore either.  Her happy glow has faded. 

This week I'm hoping to order my 2013 Volume Three Blog Book.  That will get me caught up to date with my books.  That's about it for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Debby said...

It's so nice that you and Joe go to the store together. That has to be a great help for you. I would love to have someone to carry my groceries. I never time it right for when my husband is home. Maybe when he retires it will be something that will happen.
I would be mad about the car too.
We are so snowed in. We got out for 2 hours yesterday to go to a couple basketball games for 2nd graders. The roads were terrible then. It has snowed a lot since then and 2 -4 more inches coming tomorrow. I still love winter. I am glad you are feeling better. Take it easy though.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, such a nice photo of Joe. I almost immediately recognized the mug LOL!
I am glad Joe is happy with it, it was just a little thing.
Terrible that your car isn;t working well for you. Not good advertisement for the Honda, that it freezes up and "dies"so quickly when it freezes.
But you do sound a bit happier and more "yourself"so let's hope the mend will go on and soon you will be all in good shape and health again!
Still take it easy on yourself, first you will have to get rid of all the virus critters and then you will be ready for the next step, okay?
Well, have to do my post now, so bye bye till next time!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

So happy you're feeling better these days. Now if the cold and snow would leave that would help a bunch also. You have to be healthy to get to Florida!