Monday, January 20, 2014

An Awesome Weekend For Jazzy

January 20, 2014

I guess I rested too much yesterday, because this was not my best night  for sleeping.  I did doze on and off throughout the night, but that is not the same as a few good solid hours of sleep.  Ah well, tonight will be better.  It's almost 5 a.m. so I thought I'd just get an early start on my day.

I got a happy email last evening from Deanne, telling me the results of yesterday's day at Jazzy's musical theatre competition.  She was in three more numbers:  (1) Telephone Hour from Bye Bye Birdie, which received a platinum trophy and overall first place and was nominated for access broadway star.   (2) Les Miserables, which received a platinum trophy and overall second place.  (3) Mary Poppins, which received a platinum trophy, overall first place and won access broadway star.  This is AWESOME!!!  Her theatre group, On Stage Theatre, received highest honor of 2014 Best Debut Broadway School.

Oh if only my Michael were still here.  Musical Broadway was his absolute favorite entertainment next to baseball and softball.  He would be so puffed up with pride, and rightly so.  With two fabulous baseball players and a budding Musical Broadway star in the family, who wouldn't be proud.

Today, I really must call the beauty salon and make an appointment for Pogo.  His precious little face is getting lost in all the hair and he is beginning to look like a teeny tiny grizzly bear.  He even growls like one sometimes to get his point across. 


All this extra hair has made it difficult for him to get in and out of his Santa hat hideaway bed.  I was awakened the other night by some soft scuffling noises, and found Pogo stuck halfway in his Santa hat.  The hat bed had rolled over on it's side and was pulling Pogo along with it.  The poor little fellow was getting so frustrated, so I pulled him out of it.  We may have to give this bed away and find him something else.

I have another humorous story to share.  Folks, have you ever gone Funeral Home Hopping?  Well it seems that my daughter and her hubby, along with a friend, did just that one late afternoon and evening.  Another friend's family member had passed and the wrong name and address of the funeral parlor was listed in the newspaper.  So, they spent a few hours visiting several places to find their friend's mom and pay their respects.   I'll give them credit, they certainly tried.

Another story I have to share this morning happened a few days ago while I was watching the QVC shopping channel.  The sales person was describing some little bracelets and the charms that were on them, and happened to mention that they would be perfect gifts for that "man/woman love holiday" that was coming soon.

I don't know about other folks, but this type of personal expression in a sales pitch does not go over well with me.  She could have just said "Valentine's Day".  She did not have to be so specific in her personal beliefs.  I called the station's consumer department and put in a complaint.  I told them that I was deeply offended by her remark and if it continued, I would not be watching their program any more. 

In my world, we do not all have to look or be the same.  But we do have to respect each other and live together in our world.  Plants and animals do not look and live alike, and neither do us people.  However, the plant and animal world seems to share their world so much better than us people do.

Pogo's beginning to look for his breakfast so I think I'll wander out to the kitchen and whip us up some food.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello Edna! Long time no commenting, but have read your posts quickly, just no time to respond. It has been rather chaotic around here and with trying to complete the project for Amy, I just do not know where the time goes....LOL! My friend Jan that had the radiation treatments has had a rough 2 weeks so I have been visiting in the hospital and helping when she was released (twice) she had a mild stroke last Friday...and since she has no immediate family here I have been helping her poor hubby. They were very good and attentive to me when I had my last surgery. And my little Tom had his surgery on Wednesday and needs extra care so Mommy has to help him too! LOL! Well, I have answered 3 phone calls while trying to type this, guess I will go for now, Good that you and Pogo are making it...Keep it up and Congrats to Jazzy...way to go girl! I know you are very proud! Hugs, Mat

Debby said...

How excited for your talented Jazzy.
So funny about Pogo's Santa hat bed. Poor guy. He's so cute, hair and all.
Hope you get some rest.

smiekeltje said...

First big congratulations to Jazzy! Will we be watching in a few years a real Broadway star???
Hope you had a better sleep this night, I know how it feels LOL!
I wonder if Pogo will be happy to have a haircut?
Are you doing allright in general?
Is the cold and specially the coughing gone by now?
I;ll have to go out today too, some things are needed again, like bread catfood etc.
At the moment it is raining but I have hopes that later today it will be better.
You have a great day!
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

What an awesome weekend for Jazzy! SO many honors for her group; fantastic!

Poor Pogo to get stuck in his bed. That happens to me sometimes if I fall asleep in the wrong position and I know how upsetting it can be for a human. It had to be pretty awful for a pup!

Ugh, funeral home hopping is definitely not something I’d enjoy. Did they end up finding the right one?

Yanno, I’ve heard Valentine’s Day called by many cutesy inferences, but never by a “what’s love got to do with the dumb old Hallmark Holiday anyway? Let’s talk politics, religion and my opinion that you all should have or just turn off the TV because you’re beneath me” comment like that one. I’m sure it sells things to anyone with nothing but a closed mind and C-Span to keep them company on February 14. Oh, I mean I agree with you; that type of personal rubbish offends more than it sells. ;)

My mantra is “It’s not just about you.” I think the people who need to have that mantra most would never even think of believing it. But it sure would make the world a better place.

I need to scrounge up lunch now. I’m much better about feeding the kitties and David!

Hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

Poor Pogo! He is such a sweet little fellow. I hope you find the perfect bed for him. Good for you calling QVC. These people with all this politically correct garbage! I just ignore them all. Ugh! Valentine's Day has always been just that. Who cares who your love interest is! Ugh!
Do you groom Pogo? My nephew Ed had a silky terrier and that Jordy was lots of hard work but o beautiful like a silk scarf running down the hall! It was sad when the lil sweetie passed away. I always miss my pets that have gone before me. But I sure enjoy the ones we have. Mr. Kitty is such a pill and he gives the dogs a run for their money. HaHaHa.
Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your week.