Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Snow Is Pretty, But I'm Glad It Has Stopped

December 18, 2013

Good morning.  Well, the snow has stopped falling, and according to the Weather Channel, it is supposed to get up to around 33F by about 2 p.m. this afternoon.  Not to get excited about the heat wave though, because by 3 p.m. it will already be getting colder again.  Oh well, at least it will be warmer for an hour or so. 

Here's a few snow photos from yesterday.




This one was taken during the night through the storm door.


And this one was taken this morning through the same storm door.  I'm so glad to see that the snow has stopped falling.


I hope we're done with the snow for a while now.  When I was younger, I loved it, but now I'm not so crazy about it anymore.  Joe was home yesterday because he wasn't feeling very good.  However, I think he went to work today so I'll have to be getting outside sometime later this morning and clearing that snow off my car. 

I have hopes of getting out later to pick up the last few gifts on my list.  Once I have them all wrapped, I can put all the wrapping stuff away for another year.  I am waiting for one more package to arrive.  No, not for me.  It's a gift that I ordered on line for some one else.  I can't say who because they might be reading this blog. 

Today, I can post the other beautiful scrap page that Kyra made for me.  This one features Pogo, and is made with her newest kit (which you can get on her blog), "Cool And Chic Christmas".  There are also some really pretty add-ons from Arlene to match the kit.  Isn't this gorgeous? 



Well, Joe talked me into buying a lottery ticket yesterday.  Alas I am not one of the two lucky folks who one the mega millions.  Nor am I one of the seven folks who each won a million dollars.  I wonder if I can list my dollar under "donations" on my taxes? 

After reading everyone's comments on whether or not I should dump out the rest of my beer, I have decided to drink one of them first.  If it tastes good, I won't be dumping it out.  I shall savor it instead.  One glass at a time.  Although I may have to re-think this because it will probably take me another two years to drink up just six bottles.  Ah well, we'll see.

Now I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee.  My first cup kind of got cold sitting on the table while I've been busy typing and watching the Weather Channel.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Snow is so much prettier at a distance.
I love Pogo in his new card - very sweet.
It's in the low 60's right now. The cats wanted to go outside this morning but it was only in the 50's and hard to explain to Gracie that it was too chilly to be outside in their tent to play.

smiekeltje said...

True, fresh fallen snow looks gorgeaous, but then it has to disappear quickly again!
I told Jan about your beer, and he said normally you easily can drink it, even long after the date. You will notice if its still good enough, when you open the tin it has to make the psssssss (or plop)sounds. if it does, it's still bubbling and good to drink. As I said, only the taste may be a tiny bit less, but even that will not be much.
So enjoy your beer!
We've waited a long time for Christmas, it seemed so far away still in October, but suddenly it's almost there. Time is tricky, treacherous and somehow unpredictable.
Be careful when you go outside!
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I better go drink my beer too! I am a hoarded of alcoholic beverages! HAHAHa