Monday, December 2, 2013

It's Only 110 Days Till Spring!

December 2, 2013

Good morning.  In case you haven't noticed, there are only 30 days till the new year, 2014, and only 110 days till Spring.  It's that last number that intrigues me the most.  I love Spring.  So, while everyone else is counting down to the new year, I'll be counting down till Springtime. 

Last night at work was interesting.  The Mrs was in such an ugly mood.  I have no clue what got her that way.  I tried asking her if I could do anything for her and she told me to shut up.  Well for goodness sake!!  By bedtime, she was in a much better mood.  Thank goodness!

I took a photo of a couple of her new floral arrangements.  She gets some really beautiful flowers.  Aren't these gorgeous?



It's been rainy on and off here lately.  Some days it pours and other days it drizzles.  Unfortunately, when we get a lot of rain, we get large puddles in the yard.  Here's a photo of what it looks like here when it rains a lot.  So I'm hoping that pretty soon the sun will come out and dry up all this water.


There's really not much news for today, so I think I'll finish my coffee and maybe wrap a few things before it's naptime.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

110 Days until Spring is 110 days too many ... but at my age, I just alway hope that I will be here to see it. One never knows. I am not counting down to the new year ... maybe to Christmas, like "I only have 24 more days to get ready!" I seem to always be fighting with the clock. Must be part of being disorganized. I wasn't always disorganized it seems to have come upon me as I grew older. Fortunately, my Hubby is the King of Organization, so he can follow me around and set me straight.

You pictures of your puddles that you are wishing away made beautiful reflections. You took advantage of it without even noticing. You should put them in Weekend Reflection next week. Can't hurt to spread yourself around a little, right?

I didn't get a chance to wish Audrey a Happy Birthday yesterday. She is a beautiful young lady who I know you are very proud of. I don't know about her going hunting, but to each his own I say as long as it is for good purpose and not just for the sake of killing animals. She is a Taxydermist, right?

Tonight I am going to an art class ... yes, I know I told you I was going before, but it turns out I had the wrong date written down, so tonight is the night. It is a Zentangle kind of art which I love and it is very relaxing so I am looking forward to it.

Today I have errands to run and I really need to get working on the scrapbook pages for "Izzi Goes to Ohio's" which my agility people want in their Ohio trip scrap book. I had no idea it would take so much work ... ugh. I love scrapbooking, but prefer to do it at my leisure, not under pressure. Well, I am guessing that you will be going back to work tonight ... Sorry the Mrs. was such a crab last night. That can take the wind out of your sails ... sometime old folks either fail to realize, or realize and just don't care how they effect those around them. But, you know not to take it personally ... you have been at this for a long while. Rest well today and sloppy wet kisses from Izzi (for Pogo, of course :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Those are some pretty flowers, she is a lucky lady to have someone who will send those to her as often as they do.
Hopefully she'll be in a better mood next time you see her.

Kathy said...

Oh I'm with you. Can we just skip winter please and go right to spring?

Love those flowers. So beautiful!

Kathy@Looking at life through my Bifocals

smiekeltje said...

Your the real optimist LOL! Counting down to spring, and only 110 days, that doesn;t sound too much(sigh!!).
Till now we are rather lucky with the weather. Not much rain, not too much wind, temperatures not warm, but at daytime good enough to go out in a warm jack.
Hopefully the rain will disappear soon, all those poodles aren;t too great!
Ghee, the Mrs, is very much like a yoyo with her moods! Not easy to handle.
Hard to stay patient and nice with her I guess at times!
You have a good nap and wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra