Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oh Dear, Even Pogo Got A Touch Of The Bug

November 19, 2013

Good morning.  Well, it's day three of humanity, and I've just finished a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal.  The appetite is slowly coming back.  Not the coffee buds though.  For some reason, the coffee just doesn't taste as good as it should.  Oh well.  Maybe that will taste better in time.

The only bad thing yesterday was that my little man, Pogo, was not feeling so good.  He was mopey with very little appetite all day.  He was hungry, but nothing appealed to him.  Several times, he vomited, and then would crawl back into his little bed. 

My heart hurts when he does not feel well.  I just want to hug him and hold him close to me, but then that's probably why he got sick in the first place.  The good news is that by supper time he was able to eat half of his supper, and then later went back and finished it.  This morning he is looking more like his old self again.  Woo Hoo! 

He's had his breakfast, and is now curled up next to me in a purple furry throw.   If it's furry or fuzzy, he's happy as a little pig in a mud puddle.


I'm watching the Silver Showcase on the Jewelry TV station.  They have been showing some fabulous designs featuring colored diamonds.  Oooooh, I want them all!!   Don't worry, I'm not buying them.  But it does feel good to drool over all these beautiful pieces. 

They just showed an ad for their Jewelry School.  It airs on Sunday mornings 8 - 10 a.m., and Monday 10 - 12 noon on the Jewelry Television  channel.  I will watch for this because I am very interested in learning new techniques for making jewelry.  I used to make a lot of jewelry, and I think I would like to get back into it again.

I did go outside this morning to get new photos of the moon, but not until around 5:15 a.m.  But I'll save those photos for another day.  I want to show you some fun photos that I took yesterday afternoon just outside my door.  We've had a bit of rain and wind, and there are leaves everywhere.  My car is parked not far from my Japanese Red Maple tree, and now my car is decorated with red leaves.

This first photo is one of the many leaves that were blown against the house.  This leaf is stuck on my storm door.  The second and third photos show how beautiful Baby Blue Eyes is all dressed up in red leaves.




This next shot shows what the lawn looks like with all it's new decorations, and the following shot is my parking sign.  Yup, some leaves got stuck on this too!



These last two shots were taken of the leaves on the wet ground, and a few in a small puddle.  No matter where they land, they are just still beautiful colors. 



Well, I  think I've babbled enough for today.  Before I leave, I just hope everyone out there near those wicked storms is safe and well.  My prayers are with you.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Lmkazmierczak said...

That red leaf is eye-catching! Glad you a feeling a bit better. Commented on your Mandarin Monday entry and had to also comment here♫♪

The Queen Jester said...

Good to hear you're better and sorry about Pogo. George went through a couple of days of not wanting to eat and had me worried sick. Today he's playing hard and eating again so I guess whatever it was has passed.

lorik said...

Poor Pogo, I hope by now he is feeling better..he looks pretty cosy there. Hope you are better too. I really like this series of pics, especially the closeup of the grey car and leaves.

smiekeltje said...

Those leaves are really amazing of color! some great shots!
Glad you are a whee bit better today, and I can understand you were a bit worried about Pogo. But as he has eaten his food again, I think he will be allright.
It's going slow, your recovery, but you will feel your old slef again in some time. If coffee has no taste at all for you now, perhaps some tea will be better, or may some hot chocolate. How is it with the orange juice?? Tasting better? You must take care that you drink enough, so you will have to fidn something that is a bit more tasty than the coffee at the moment.
Be careful if you go out the house for a moment! Wrap yourself in warm clothes, so you have the least chance to catch another bug on the one your are struggling with !
Stay warm and cosy, together with Pogo.
Hugs
Kyra