Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Having Friends In For Dinner This Year

November 26, 2013

Good afternoon.  I'm a bit late today because I slept as late as possible this morning, and then Pogo and I left for an appointment at the nail salon.  After that, we made a stop at the Post Office to mail a couple of packages.  It feels so good to have those packages in the mail. 

Later today, Joe and I will go food shopping.  We usually go on Thursday, but with the Holiday we thought tonight would be the best time.  Tomorrow will no doubt be crowded at the supermarket.  This year I was going to just cook my turkey, cool it and then cut it up and package it for the freezer for making turkey salad. 

However, this year, I will sit down to dinner with three of the dwarfs.  It will be like old times, sharing dinner with friends.   These dwarfs life plans have changed, so we will celebrate the Holiday together.  I may have to buy another small turkey for my turkey salad, but that's just fine with me.  Having company for dinner is priceless.

I don't have any new photos for today, but I do have some cute things to share.  I have a new catalogue filled with all sorts of goodies.  These are just a few of my favorites.






I just love the lady in red, don't you?   She makes the elder years look so glamorous.  I think she looks a bit like Maude from an old TV show, "The Golden Girls". (I think that was the name of the program.)

Now I'm off to do a bit of wrapping.  I have everything spread out all over my bed, so until I get it all wrapped I will be sleeping in my lounge chair.  That's not so bad though, because my chair is very comfortable.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

aquascrap said...

Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh this morning Edna. I can so relate to the first two pictures.

Nice to hear you will be spending Thanksgiving with company.

Well I'm off to get as much done now as possible....temps will be hitting 100F later today. 7.15am and it's already high 80's.

Have a great evening
Hugs
Judy xx

lorik said...

I love her too! And am determined to wear brighter colours and become very eccentric as I age. I like your quotes too... especially the one about not cleaning because of all the cool stuff..... as a hoarder i identify strongly with that one! Enjoy your dinner with your friends:)

Debby said...

I still don't know who the dwarfs are?
You must have a lot of people on your Christmas list.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day.

smiekeltje said...

Oh it's nice you will have 3 dwarfs for Thanksgiiving dinner around your table! Company at times is feeling good.
I LOVE those pictures of the internet finds! They brought a huge smile on my face(perhaps because I can identify myself with almost all the quotes ROFL!!!!!.
Also nice Joe goes shopping with you.
So have a lovely day and a fantastic one tomorrow.!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Fun stuff - she does look like Maude. I used to watch all the Golden Girls reruns over and over, never got tired of them. Sophia was always my favorite.