Thursday, November 7, 2013

Got Gummies?

November 7, 2013

Good morning.  I've been sleeping in late this morning.  If it weren't for Pogo doing his best to get me up for his breakfast, I would still be sleeping.  I guess the fun and excitement of the past few days has finally caught up with this old gal. 

Remember when we were young and filled with energy?  We were like energizer bunnies with never ending go power.  No one told us that once the energizer bunnies got to a certain point in life, they would spring leaks in their energy cells.  Hmmm, I guess it's time to get out my big jar of adult gummy vitamins and start plugging some of those leaks. 

It's not nice to laugh!!  Doesn't everybody take gummy vities?    For folks like me who really don't like pills, these gummies are a fabulous invention.  All the different vitamins come as a gummy.  They even have weight loss gummies.  If you decide to buy gummies, make sure to read the label and get the ones that say "adult".

I have a sad story to tell you this morning.  My tablet died.  For several days now, I've been trying to recharge it's battery so that I can catch up on a bit of reading.  However, it won't charge or turn on.  It is dead like door knobs.  This is not worth getting my knickers in a bind, so I will take a ride to Best Buy one of these days and ask one of their technicians if my tablet can be restored.

DIL Janet came by last evening bearing more birthday goodies.  She brought dinner from our favorite seafood place.  For me there was my favorite - scallops with onion rings and french fries.  She also brought a super delicious birthday cake.  White layer cake filled with strawberries in the center, and frosted entirely with whipped cream.  Ohhhhhhhh my!  Such wonderful decadence!!

After we had stuffed ourselves with these wonderful goodies, I told her about my poor dead little tablet.  She picked it up and after a few seconds, asked me what was the problem with it.  I told her how it wouldn't turn on anymore.  But when I looked over at her, the tablet was on.  Well darn it all!  This gal has the magic touch or something. 

Now I'm getting excited because I don't have to buy a new  tablet.  I asked Janet what she did to get it working and she said "Nothing really.  I only touched the 'power on' button."   Well dang it all!!  How come I didn't think of pressing that button? 

Next time I go shopping I am going to have to look for brain food gummies.  In the meantime, I haven't had a chance to get out to take new photos so I went into last years' archives.  On this day last year, there were several birds at the Mrs' bird feeder.  Here's a Tufted Titmouse and a Purple Finch (or house finch)  There were also some gorgeous roses still blooming in her garden.




These roses are blooming in her garden now, too.  Actually, the ones in my garden are also still in bloom. There is still plenty of color on the trees now too.  This has been a banner year for our trees' color shows.  I'll have to take my camera when I go food shopping and take a  few photos of some of the trees that are still covered with colorful leaves.

That's about all the news for this morning.  Now it's time to see what's for breakfast, get dressed and start this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

aquascrap said...

Hahahaha you gave me a laugh to start my day. I have done that too with my phone. We have been out somewhere where you have to turn your phone off and then the following day I go to look at it and it won't light up. I complain to Tony about it and he says "Have you turned it on?"

I haven't tried gummy vitamins......not much of a vitamin taker myself. If they're anything like those gummy jelly sweets you buy then they're not for me. Don't like those things!

You enjoy your day!

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

here's somebody smiling after your story about the tablet!!! Isn't it frustrating sometimes, that some gadget or electric/ battery feeded appliance suddenly won;t cooperate with you, somebody else just takes a short look and it suddenly works again???? Well, for now, Janet saved you the money for a new tablet, bless her!
Sounds good the seafood dinner you had and then the cake too, oh yummie.
Hope you will have a nice day, without any disturbing "dying appliances"LOL!
Take a bit of rest today if you can, to charge your own batteries again.
Hug
Kyra