Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Great Way To Start The Day

November 10, 2013

Good morning.  I'm at work, waiting for the Mrs to wake up.  If I'm lucky, she'll stay asleep long enough for me to finish this post.  This is going to be a long day for me.  I'm not used to doing twelve hour shifts during the daytime.  Nights is okay, but during the day, it's a long time for me to be on my feet with no chance for a nap.  However, I told my friend I would do it, and I will.  This time.

I have just finished two of the most delicious, delectable, yummy, great way to start the day lemon filled donuts.  Oh my, they were so good, it's like you take a bite and let out a soft little groan.  Oooooh!  Our newest lady dwarf brought them home from work just for me.  They are not on my diet, but I cannot pass up a lemon filled donut.  They are my favorite kind.

This will be an extra long day for Pogo too, so I left his fuzzy green blanket for him to nap in today.  Dee Dee has Jack and Lilah (my great grandchildren) for the weekend, and she was going to bring them to my house today for a visit.  Now this I will miss.  I look forward to my visits with the little ones.  Ah well, next time.

On my way home from doing errands this past Friday, I stopped a few times to take some new photos of some of the colorful foliage that we still have. 






I've been following the news on the Weather Channel about the horrible typhoon that landed in the Philippines.   The devastation there is horrendous and the loss of life is quite a high number.   Those poor souls are having to deal with this on top of a wicked bad earthquake.  I don't know if I would have the strength needed to get through all of this. 

Now I must get busy here.  The Mrs is beginning to stir and will be wanting her breakfast soon.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What beautiful pictures of the autumn trees! Have a good day even though it is 12 hours.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I too am working this weekend ... a different kind of work (i.e. volunteer). We are having another agility trial, one that Izzi doesn't run in, but I said I would go help with the bar setting and leash running etc. So I will be off shortly to do that.

Sorry you will miss your Great Grandbabies ... I am sure they will be disappointed too, as will Pogo. But a promise is a promise ... your got that right. 12 hours is a long shift. I will be thinking of you, hoping that the Mrs. is in a good mood today:)

We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow. They are saying an inch accumulation.
Oh my, so early, so cold ... Izzi will love it though, so for her I will be happy.

My son is returning from Thailand tomorrow. I have to go to the airport to pick him up. I have never been to the international terminal ... hope I can find it :) I am a little concerned because he will be flying right by or through what's left of the Typhoon that devastated the Phillipines. What a sad disaster. I have many friends that I used to work with that have family back there. I will say a prayer that they are safe.

Well now, I have to hop in the shower and get my show on the road. I am almost finished with my Christmas card ... slowly but surely as they say. Hang in there today, Edna.

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Oh, it's a long day, 12 hours shift. With hopefully the Mrs. in a good mood, it will be better to do LOL!
Sorry, you will miss the great grandchildren, they all grow so fast, that you want to see as much as you can see of them. Yummie, that donut sounds good!
Fall still is showing off at some places, looking at your photos.
That typhhon must have been a horrible one! Sooooo many people dead, or missing, and difficulties for organisations to reach the areas, so lots of them have nothing, almost no food, no shelter. It's heartbreaking to see the scenes on tv.

Hope your day will be as pleasant as possible,
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning Edna & Pogo!
Hope you survived your 12 hour shift and get some much deserved rest after!
I spent the weekend readying things for our drastic weather change, we are to get our first hard freeze tomorrow night...way too early for our part of the country, but....
So sorry you missed your great grand babies, but hopefully, you will see them real soon. They do change so fast!
Guess, I will chat with you again later! have a terrific week ahead and thanks for the visit and lovely thoughts you left. Hugs, Mat