Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Fall Colors Are Simply Stunning!

October 6, 2013

It's cloudy and raining here in New England.  However, even the wet, gray gloom cannot hide the exquisite beauty of all the Fall colors.  They are fabulously striking when the sun is shining, but even in the rain it is just beautiful everywhere you look.  The colors are quite vivid this year. 

My goodness, I'm home now and watching the Weather Channel.  They are showing the destruction from an EF-4 tornado that touched down in the mid west.  Winds for an EF-4 are between 160 and 200 miles an hour.  I just cannot fathom how these poor souls recover and keep re-building from these awful storms.

One good note was that tropical storm Karen pretty much lost most of her punch, and is no longer a threat to the southern states.  I'll say one thing.  Mother Nature is really unhappy with us humans as a lot, and is constantly dishing out some pretty nasty weather.

It was fairly quiet at work last night.  The Mrs was pretty good, and once she was tucked into bed, I was able to work on my laptop for a few hours.  I managed to finish and order my Christmas cards.  I also ordered a couple of Christmas gifts on line, and finished choosing the photos for my new calendar.  Now I just have to organize the photos, and order the calendars. 

It feels good to be getting caught up with some of these things.  Yesterday, I also made an appointment to have my carpets cleaned a week from tomorrow.  It means that I will have to wait a bit longer to put some things back where they belong, but it will be nice to have the carpets smelling clean and deodorized.  It will be good for my asthma too.

This morning, my little fellow is just full of himself.  When I sat down to start typing here, he was busy doing something on the other end of the sofa.  I looked over, and this is what I saw.  No Pogo,  Just the pillows.  (A black one on top of a printed one.)


However, when I moved the top pillow, look what I found.  The cutest little fellow ever!  How can anyone resist this precious little face?  As you can see, my little guy loves snuggling down into warm places.


I also got another nice surprise this morning when I opened my emails.  My friend Kyra made me another gorgeous scrapbook layout.  This one features photos from the annual rescue agency picnic, and is just beautiful. 


Isn't this fabulous?  Thank you so much Kyra.  The kit used is her own "September Morning", which you can find on her blog at Russian Dutch Heart Designs along with lots of other fabulous freebies.  If you stop in and download, do take a moment to say thank you. 

Now I'm going to spend a while playing with Pogo before I turn in for a nap.  Have to bright eyed and bushy tailed for work again tonight.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

We were glad to hear the oomph was leaving Hurricane Karen. There are so many things I want to experience, but this isn't one of them.
He is such a cute little snuggler. Gracie has a tendency to do more of this as well and I've thought about getting her a snuggle sack, but I've already purchased too many little beds and such already for our tiny space.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

good morning! been a very hectic week and I have not had time for my computer...LOL! So, I think I got caught up reading your posts, instead of posting on each, will post here. What lovely, lovely photos, and the colors in the trees are simply stunning, I think because of all the excessive heat and dry weather our trees will probably just turn brown and all leaves will fall, no colors. We actually had a cold front move in yesterday dropping the temps about 30-35 degrees and it felt absolutely wonderful, opened all windows and doors all day, got kind of chilly around late afternoon so that I had to close them, got a little rain in evening, but not enough to brag about. O well, Mother Nature!
Lovely photo of Pogo that you got on the couch and great page of you and him that Kyra did. Guess I will have to see the color change through your photos this year! LOL! Check my page for photos of kitty! Have a fantastic Sunday! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Feels good to catch up on things, isn't it?
Oh well, you will have to wait a bit, to finish things up because of the carpet cleaning, but when that is done, off you go again and you will be ready before winter starts.
Pogo is such a cutie! Smart guy too! Hiding under a pillow, it is quiet, and it is warm!
You have a wonderful day, and hopefully a quiet shift at the Mrs, again.
Hug
Kyra