Thursday, October 3, 2013

Another Fabulous Fall Day In New England

October 3, 2013

Good morning.   It's looking like another gorgeous New England Fall day.  Gosh, I hope I'm right because in a little while, Pogo and I will have to find some fun things to do out there while the pest control man does his last spraying.  It is going to feel so good to start to get back to normal!!!

Just to be clear, that was not a complaint.  There was nothing in my little apartment, but actually knowing that I did not carry all those nasty critters back to my place is such a comforting thought.  And it does a lot to putting my mind at ease.  Enough already of these little buggers.

Last night I call from a friend that I haven't spoken with in such a long time.  Oh my, folks, just hearing her voice was soooooo good!   Rhoda, you put a huge smile on my face last night.  Thank you, my friend.

Yesterday, Pogo and I rode around a while, taking photos of some of the beautiful Fall colors that are splashed throughout the neighborhoods.  It's not just in the trees either.  Some of the Fall flowers are simply gorgeous.  Here's a photo of the flowers growing across one neighbor's front yard.  It's such a beautiful ray of sunshine.


 
I just had to stop for a break and remove Pogo and myself from the apartment.   Mr. Pest Man showed up my door a bit earlier than I expected.  It's a  different person this time, and I have to explain everything all over again to this person.  You know, what he can and cannot make stains on.  Some of the items made of wood are brand new and I don't want big stains all over them.  It just means that he has to be more careful about he does his work.
 
Here's another taste of the Fall beauty around here.  This gorgeous tree is across from our high school.  It's a big beautiful burst of yellow.  This type of scenery makes shopping a delight, as this was taken in the parking lot of Shaw's Supermaket. 
 

 
This morning I have had the pleasure of sitting out in the main house and chatting with one of the dwarfs.  We have a pleasant mix of folks here and it is nice for a chance to sit and visit with them.
 
Well folks, morning is fast becoming noon and I do have lots of things to do before Pogo and I go out for the afternoon.   The Pest Man has just left and I am sighing a big sigh of relief.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all be well and have a fantabulous day. 
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Phew ... I am relieved for you. Good riddance to those little buggers.

You are so lucky to live in New England this time of year. We have fall beauty, but ours is dispersed and we don't have the beautiful Maple forests you have. A trip out your way in the fall is on my Bucket List:)

I am hunt and pecking with one hand, not because my other hand isn't working, but because I am on hold with my insurance company trying to clear up a money issue ... and you know how exasperating that can be :( But, for a change, they are actually being helpful ... go figure!

I have a busy day today. I have to go yo my friends to pick up the bird cage for our little Budgie ... then I have to pack for Ohio plus get food ready for my Hubby while I am gone. Meanwhile, Izzi is getting a bath at The Barker Shop, so I have to go pick her up as soon as she is done. I have a mild sense of chasing my tail ... hopefully everything will get done and I will be on my way tomorrow for some fun days in Ohio ... Till next week, Edna ... Have a great weekend.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Ding Dong the Bugs are Dead....
Yippeeee.
Your fall colors are lovely, I think we've overshot to see any of the pretty changes this year.
Hmmm. Maybe I need to photoshop some palm trees to reflect color changes.

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray!!!!! No more nasty bugs and you can think of putting things back again in your rooms etc.
I can imagine it's a big relief for you!
Fall can be a wonderful season, with all those flaming colors in nature. The more if the weather still holds on being nice.
Have a great day, take a bit of "free"time and enjoy the lovely weather.
Hug
Kyra