Friday, October 11, 2013

A Surprise For Pogo

October 11, 2013

Good morning.  It's cloudy and a bit cool this morning.  There's no sunshine yet, but it's still early.  Only 7:20 a.m.  I'm at work now, so this will have to be a short post.  The Mrs has been getting up earlier these mornings. 

Yesterday, a package came in the mail with a wonderful surprise in it.  The Queen Jester had made a beautiful little trick or treat bag for Pogo to take with him on Halloween.  Well let me tell you, my Pogo was all excited.  He sniffed every inch of it before settling down on top of it.  Here's a photo of him with his new bag, and a close up of the bag.  In this first shot, Pogo is saying "My bag, Mom, my bag!"



Thank you so much my friend.  My little fellow just loves his new bag.  He keeps it on the sofa on the black pillow that he likes to nap on.  I think he's making sure that no one touches it. 

Later this afternoon after work, I have a fellow coming by my house to give me an estimate for some new windows.  Little by little, I have been trying to replace the old windows with newer ones.  I'm hoping that new windows will help with my heating cost.  I know we've been losing a lot of heat through these old windows. 

Other than that, there's not really much news for today.  So I guess I'll busy here and start the Mrs' breakfast.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Morning! cute photo of Pogo with his cute treat bag and the one from Kyra is so adorable...he is just gonna have the best photo book around! Nice tent too...I got something similar in a long run type for my girls to play in outside, but they got bored of it very quickly and now the feral cats around with claws would just tear up what I put out for them....LOL1
Tiny will be an inside (with supervision)/outside kitty. He is too old to declaw and since my girls have no front claws I supervise when he is inside playing...he mainly comes in to eat and sleep (cooler inside). He doesn't want to stay in at night, so he sleeps in the condos outside with the other cats, but first think each morning he come in eats, drinks his milk, plays about 15 minutes, potties and goes to sleep for about 4 hours....what a nice life, huh?
Well, I am getting nothing done sitting on my bum in front of this computer, so off to get after some much neglected wash and dusting and I need to mop...my boss is coming by this afternoon!
Have a terrific weekend! hugs, Mat
BTW the colors in your photos are awesome! Ours go from green to brown and on the ground! :(

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You say Good Morning and I am saying Good Night. This has been a crazy day ... I started out by taking my daughter to a doctors appointment that isn't until next week. I'll tell you, I am either over tired or losing it ... as old poops are known to do. So once my daughter got over the shock (I rousted her out of bed to go)she came back home and slept. She is still hurting from the oral surgery she had two days ago.

This afternoon my Hubby and I trimmed the bushes on one side of our house. He trims and I pick up the mess ... somehow I feel like I am getting the short end of that deal, but then I have never used the trimmer, so I don't really know for sure. What I do know is that I was exhausted when we got finished.

I love the little trick or treat bag ... The Queen is loaded with talents and it amazes me she can do all of that in her canned ham. Very nice gift for a deserving young man ...

It is almost ten here (eleven where you are) and I am fading fast. I'll try to check in tomorrow to see what is happening. Sleep well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

That trick or treat bag is fantastic! What a nice surprise to have in the mail.
Did you already take your broom out of the corner where you keep it safe????
LOL!
It could be it needs a bit of cleaning or perhaps a quick paint, hahaha.
That window replacing isn;t a very cheap thing! In time it will bring hte costs down of the heatingand you gain back a bit of the costs of the windows of course. Long term saving I guess.
Have a great day(with perhaps a long nap?)
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so happy he enjoyed his little bag. I've been working on some projects around here and so have gotten behind in my blog reading.