Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Bit Of Wind And Rain For Us

October 8, 2013

Good morning.  Pogo and I got off to an early start this morning.  It's 6:20 a.m., and we've been up since around 4 a.m.  Not that I've done much of anything other than curl up in the lounge chair and watch the Weather Channel.  During the night we had a few gusts of wind and some rain, but it's been pretty quiet for the last few hours. 

It just dawned on me that I never posted a calendar page for the month of October.  So let me put that up right now.


I seem to be slipping a bit in my "old age".  I start projects, but then it takes forever to complete them.  So, you can understand why I get so excited about actually accomplishing some things on schedule. 

Today's projects will include getting my blog books for this year through August scheduled for printing.   This week I want to go through all my clothes and get rid of anything I haven't been wearing for a while.  There's really no point in saving things that I don't wear.  I also have a huge bag of paper stuff that has to be shredded, so this will be a good week to do that too.

Next week, after the carpets are cleaned, I can start moving things around to where I want them.  One of the things that I want to do is to clean out and re-arrange my computer room.  It's a job that is way overdue, and I'm looking forward to changing the look of that room. 

I want to go shopping one of these days to check out some of the newer adjustable beds.  I'm thinking that one of these might make it easier for my breathing while I am trying to sleep, or when I have a cold.   It's a bit of an investment, so I need to give it some thought.  I've already been checking the store ads and looking on line, and now it's time to actually go to the stores and see the beds up close in person.

Enough chatter.   I have a couple of photos to share this morning.  First, here's a shot showing that our tomatoes are still doing just fine. 


I also have a pretty photo that I took a few weeks ago of the mist rising off the pond near where I work.   It's such a pretty sight, and some mornings I even get to see a cormorant playing out in the middle of the pond. 


The sky is getting light now, so I think I'll wander out to the kitchen to see what Pogo and I will have for breakfast this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am so far behind, but this morning I think I am caught up on your wonderful posts. I knew you would be getting some rain, because we had it all weekend in Ohio. I think that most of it stayed in Ohio if you just got a little during the night.

I am excited that you have finished your calendar ... it reminds me that I have to get my mind back on my book ... but I have three trips downtown this week. Today my daughter is getting oral surgery so it will be a long day (especially for her). Tomorrow I have to cut my grass and start cutting back my flower beds ... if it doesn't rain. I am hoping that over the weekend I can start planning my book and then maybe place my call to you next week. We will have to set a time when you are available which we can do by e-mail. Did you send me your phone # ... I can't remember. I will have to check :)

Your posts are wonderful with so many beautiful pictures. Halloween is coming soon so, like you, I will have to start taking notice of the fun decorations. There will be a lot of orange that I can use in MOM which, sadly, I missed this week. I have to go hop in the shower and get my show on the road. You and Pogo have a fun day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, thanks for visiting and leaving nice comments. I knew you would like the photos of Tiny.He is asleep here at my feet right now. I have all my windows open and loving it.Staying in the low 80's during the day for this week anyway!
Lovely photos of MOM and the one of the lake is beautiful..."fried green tomatoes" for dinner? LOL! I need to clean out my closets too, just too lazy to do it right now!
Got to get busy so will chat more with ya later. Hugs 4 U & Pogo! Mat

smiekeltje said...

Might be a good idea to look for an adjustable bed. I too sleep a bit higher, I have done that the simple way, just another pillow on the bed LOL.
It's a shame that the adjustable beds are rather expensive, but..... they are wonderful. I rememeber my parents had those too, and with just a click on the remote control you go up or down. Also handy if you still want to read a bit in bed. You feel to be in a warm and cosy chair, and by the time your "shutters"close, you click and you are in sleeping position.
And yes, it helps to breath a bit easier.
It's an investment, but I think it might be worth it for you.
Isn't it wonderful to be able to accomplish some shceduled plans really in time? ROFL!
Good idea to go through your clothes. True, we leave things in the closet, but never wer them again. We always think: "perhaps soon I might need it"so we leave it, and it stays there. I should go through some of my clothes too, have the same problem.
Have to go posting on the blog now, so ...
till next time and have a fantastic day!
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have so many plans for the day...week.... and start so many and finish so few. I also love rearranging furniture.... have done a fair bit of that lately. I always enjoy my visits here:)