Sunday, September 8, 2013

Want A Veggie Cupcake?

September 8, 2013

It's a bit cloudy this morning, but it's early yet.  Only 6:30 a.m.  I'm still at work and the Mrs is asleep so I've been spending some time playing on my laptop.  This morning I have to stay a bit later because I got a late start last night.  The babysitter was a half hour late, so I'm making my time up this morning. 

The Mrs was in a good mood last night.  Oh joy, oh joy!  She even went to bed a little early, so I got to watch a couple of the cooking challenge programs on TV.  Ever watch Cupcake Wars?  Wow, some of the ingredients that go into the cupcakes is amazing.  Not just fruits, but veggies and meats too.   

Would you like an eggplant cupcake?  Or maybe one made with squash or sausages?   I'm not very brave, so I'll stick to the plain old cake and frosting kind.  However, I do love watching the creativity involved in these challenges.

Today I have a couple of dragonfly photos to share.  In the first photo, the wings are up.  Just a different wing view.  In the second, I'm shooting the dragonfly from the back.  I thought this one was quite interesting.


 
This next photo is one of the small plants in the little garden by my door.   I looked it up on Google, but I don't know if it is flea bane or chamomile.  If you know, do let me know.
 
 
There really isn't much news for this morning, so I think I'll try catching up on a bit of my email until it is time to leave for home.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Your dragonfly closeups are just incredible. Are you using your Tamnron 18-270 lens for this or a macro lens?
I prefer my cupcakes filled with sugar and all kinds of bad things thank you - no veggie ones for me!

aquascrap said...

Amazing are what your photos of the dragon fly are. Thanks for showing the,.

Actually vegie cupcakes are quite nice. We have a cafe here where we often go that have zucchini, capsicum, herbs and sun dried tomato with bacon. You have them warmed up and then served with cream cheese. They are yum!!

Thanks for your visit and enjoy your evening.

Hugs
Judy xx

Edna B said...

For QJ, I use my Tamron 18-27- lens for just about everything including my macro shots. Thank you. You have a super night. Hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

I do like sometimes cupcakes, but then give me the sweet ones! LOL.
I don;t know what it is at the moment, that hype for cupcakes?
The flower I think is common flea bane (Erigon), camomille has just a little bit bigger petals, as I think to see.
Nice that the Mrs. had a better mood!
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra