Monday, September 9, 2013

Some Kids Are Just Awesome!

September 9, 2013

Good morning.  It is quite dark outside at the moment.  Of course, it's only 3:55 a.m., and I'm sitting here at work instead of snoozing away in my little bed.  I was hoping to catch a few winks tonight at work, but it was not to be. 

Later today, Pogo and I are going to have a little picnic in the park, and meet some new friends.  Cheryl (Queen Jester of Canned Ham) and her hubby have stopped here in Massachusetts for a while on their travels South.  Pogo and I are so excited to finally get to meet her in person. 

For Cheryl and anyone else who has wondered or asked, I almost always use my Tamron 18-270 mm lens for all my photos.  Even my macro shots.  It's not a heavy lens, and I don't have to keep changing the lens for different types of photos.  At my delicate age, that is a very important factor for choosing a lens.

I have the munchies, so I have just made myself a big bowl of instant cinnamon and apples oatmeal.  Mmmmmm.  I carry all sorts of stuff in my work bag for just about any situation.  Like hunger!!  I used to have a backpack with wheels and a handle for my workbag, and I think I just might go back to using one again.  Everything feels heavy to me now, and carrying this work bag is getting to be cumbersome.  (Now there's a great $20 word.)

Once again, it is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a photo of a gorgeous peachy orange rose from my garden.  I have added a new background with layers, textures and a gradient to enhance my rose.  The rain texture is from Bonnie at PDPA.


I also have a photo that I took of the sky yesterday morning before I left work to go home.  It was the prettiest blue with fat, soft white puffy clouds. 


Now is a good time to start looking around for the beginnings of our Fall color show.  The leaves on some of the trees are beginning to change colors, reminding us that it will soon be Autumn.  Here's the top of a tree just across the street from the Mrs' house.  You can see that some of the leaves have already turned colors.


Last night I watched one of the new cooking challenge shows on the Food Channel.  This one is called "Kids Cookoff", and the contestants are children.  Wow, the food these kids cooked up is just amazing.  If you did not watch them prepare and cook the food, you would never guess that a child did it.  I am so impressed.  Hmmmm, I wonder if they might do a fashion design program with children as contestants.  Hmmmmm?

The other new food challenge program that I have been watching is called "Cut Throat Kitchen".  The creativity needed to participate in these challenges is simply awesome.  This program is also on the Food Channel.

My friend Nani at The Chronicles of Nani has been dealing with some new challenges of her own with MS and has not been able to post on her blog for a while.  Folks, do stop by her blog to wish her well and let her know that she is missed.  Nani, if you're reading this, Pogo and I send you big big hugs and lots of licks to help you mend quickly.  We sure do miss your beautiful smile.

Well, that's all my news for this morning.  Now I think I'll try to catch up on some of my emails and do a bit of blog reading while the Mrs is sleeping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Tis a gorgeous rose.

The Queen Jester said...

In my excitement to meet you I forgot it was MOM and I just posted my blog on the current campground. Oooops....there goes my mind again!
I've got to get busy and download the boatload of photos that we shot now and see if I have any winners!
It was a great time meeting you and Pogo and the kitties are busy playing with their new catnip mice from Pogo - big hit...they love the ones with feathers!

smiekeltje said...

LOL, I am about the same like you, when going somewhere and having to spend some time at that place, taking all sorts of things with me.
And yes, you should get yourself a bag with wheels and handle to carry it all. You can buy real handy ones, that you even can fold up when not needed.
You have a great day, and show us a picture if you find a bag on wheels LOL
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

It is such a beautifully coloured flower and I love what you did with the background.
Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)