Thursday, September 26, 2013

Please, No More Critters

September 26, 2013

Good morning.  This may well be a short post because I am waiting for the pest control man to get here.  Remember a few months ago when I told you about a critter problem that needed fixing?  Well, the truth of it that a couple of the dwarfs brought bed bugs into the house.  Of course, they did not say anything to me until the problem had escalated.

Getting rid of these pesky critters took quite a long time, and thousands of dollars.  The whole house had to be cleared and sprayed, and then re-checked again later.  The problem areas (only the rooms of these two dwarfs) were not cleaned properly by the dwarfs and therefore everything had to be re-sprayed. 

The critters did not move into my part of the house but because my apartment is attached to the house it also has to be sprayed.  During all of this my blood pressure sky rocketed and I got quite sick.  Also, you may have noticed that I got extra crabby too. 

I cannot do much without having to sit for a spell so it has taken me months, and a lot of help from Janet and Eddie, to get my place ready to be sprayed.  This morning is D-Day.  After the man leaves today, he will come back next week to make sure everything is still okay, and then I can begin to put my life back together. 

Through all of this, my other dwarfs have been very good and very cooperative.  They still keep an eye to make sure there is no re-occurrence out in the common areas of the house.   The tenants who caused all of this have been warned that should it happen again, I will definitely take them to court to recover all of the costs of getting rid of the problem.

So, aren't you glad you're not me right about now?  Anyhow, in between all of this there is still nice news from time to time.  A couple of days ago, I got emails from a reader, Leona,  who made some scrap pages with my last freebie QP.  She sent me a few of the pages.  I must say that are really lovely.  Here are just a couple of them.



I really like it when readers share their pages with me.  It keeps me in design mode.  Thank you for sharing these, Leona.  I'll try to have some new QP's ready for posting soon.

Now I really must get busy and pack a few things into my car.  Pogo and I will have to be out of the house for several hours once the spraying is done.  Oh joy, oh joy!!  The good part is that now my blood pressure will stay at normal, and my mind is much more at ease.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

OMG ... I can't even imagine. And I think "just a warning" was generous. My heart goes out to you. Being a landlady has many stresses and you have been blessed with some wonderful dwarfs ... but, I repeat OMG!

I am out the door to see my surgeon. I am hoping the last of the stitches will come out today and I can get back to bilateral activity. You don't know how much you depend on something until you lose it (even for just a short while) and it was even my left hand. I had my right hand done several years ago but I don't remember it taking so long to recover. Either I am forgetting on purpose or my left hand was worse (which it was). Anyway, fingers crossed ...

Hope you and Pogo find some fun stuff to day while you are banned from the house. I'll look forward to a report tomorrow. Be well and safe out there, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Oh I am so sorry Miss Edna. Those critters are something my whole family freaks over. So afraid of them and the cost to get rid of them. No wonder. I went a bit crazy once when the kids brought lice home......this would have me over the edge. I hope the "spray" gets rid of them. Try, hard, not to let this get you down. (((((HUGS)))))

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Afternoon! sorry have been remiss in stopping by all week, but I took a little break from my computer to allow my neck and shoulders to do some resting. (I was really packing away my office to take to storage as I think my job is over at the end of the month). I am glad it is finally here too!
It took awhile to catch up on all I missed, but am so happy to see all your lovely photos that I missed. The weather is still rather warm down here, but the mornings are in the upper 60's and that allows me to open doors and windows for my "girls" to sniff the fresh air for about 4 hours each morning.
Hope your "critters" are all gone and you have no more infestations. Take it easy and I will check back in a few days! Hugs! Mat

The Queen Jester said...

The photos are lovely and I was so glad to see that they were not of bed bugs....I don't think I could have gotten to sleep tonight with that image in my mind.

smiekeltje said...

Heavens! You don;t have too much luck!
Tht aweful critter business not yet taken all care off, well, the glad it seems to be all in control where it has started, but now you are banned from your house today! I really hope you will have no problems anymmore because of those tennants! And you are right to warn them, I even thought they already could pay some of the costs!
You have a wonderful day today with Pogo, hope you will find a great way to spend the time outside your house.
Hugs
Kyra

Snowy said...

Oh dear, I can only imagine what it must be like. But you are not the only one having problems with those critters. Several of my friends across in different States had problems with this pest.And really clean people as well.You can even bring them inside in your suitcase coming back from a vacation as it was the case with one of my friends. She must have picked them up when they stayed in a Motel overnight on the return journey. Fingers crossed that all is over now and your Blood pressure gets better.
Hugs Snow