Monday, September 2, 2013

Oh My, Even More Rain!

September 2, 2013

Well, we won't have to be watering our gardens and lawns for a while.  They are getting a good soaking with these thunderstorms.  During the night, there was a lot of light flashes in the sky, but not to much thunder and heavy rain until around six o'clock this morning.  Then the heavens let it all hang out.  There was also a breeze with the heavy rain, so at times the rain was falling on a slant. 

I took my camera outside under the back door awning to see if maybe I could get some shots of lightning.  But of course, that was not to be.  Then I tried catching the lightning on a video, but again I failed miserably. 

I'm watching the Weather Channel and they say we are on alert for flash flooding until this evening.  As long as my basement doesn't flood again, I can manage with all the rain.  Pogo has a Potty Patch in the pantry, so he does not have to go outside in this yucky weather.  Thank goodness because I don't relish standing out in the rain waiting for him to find just the right spot to sprinkle on. 

Speaking of Pogo, here's a new photo that I took a couple of days ago.  He is snuggled into the fuzzy blankets in his bed.  Now be honest.  Wouldn't you just love to come home to this little guy after a long shift at work?    Even when he is naughty, he is precious. 


Today is Labor Day, 2013.  Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicasted to the social and economic achievements of American workers.  It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. 

The first Labor Day holiday was celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City.  The second Labor Day holiday was held a year later on September 5, 1883.  In 1884 the first Monday in September was selected as the holiday, and by 1885 it was celebrated throughout most of the country, and later became a national holiday.  (This information courtesy of Google)

I also have a couple photos of some roses in my garden.  Obviously, these photos were taken a couple of days ago before the rains came.



Well that's my news for this morning.  Now I'm going to enjoy my coffee and play a while with Pogo.  Enjoy your Labor Day everyone.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Soggy and wet here as well - woke to hear rainshowers on the roof. The good news is that it no longer freaks George out - he's adapted to that now as well. He just keeps making progress left and right.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

We got a few showers last evening as the front was headed through this morning we got an awesome lightning show, but very little rain, but the temps were a great deal cooler today, but the humidity was higher. I ran out a few minutes for cat food and some bread for the birds, came back in soaking wet. The sun is back full force. This year has really flown by...4 months and 2014 will be here! wow!
Great photo of Pogo and yes he would be nice to come home to. I know my "girls" are! All 3 of them and they are so much company even if they do sleep a lot. They have to always be in the room I am in.
Have a fabulous week ahead. Great photos as usual! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Lovely photo again of Pogo. Hmm, I could do something with that LOL.
We could do with a bit of rain during the night, you know.
But they don;t expect to come any, till may Friday.
But, instead we will have some beautiful after summer days.
Yeah, did part of the bedroom yesterday.That was the yellow part. Now the rest has to be done in just plain white. I think I will wait a day before attacking that.
Some rest today for the muscles would do a wonderful thing LOL.
You have a great day with Pogo
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

I do indeed have much to be grateful for; too often I don't see it at all.
Pogo Help