Sunday, September 1, 2013

Finally, A Little Rain

September 1, 2013

The thunder storms have finally found us, and it has been rainy all morning with a few rather noisy booms.  I was about to say that the skies are getting quieter now, but there were just a few more rumbles up yonder there.   It's a good day to sleep in and be lazy.

Yesterday it seemed that I was busy most of the day, but when I look around afterwards, it doesn't look as though I did very much.  Oh well.  Tonight is a work night so I think I'll just catch up on some reading today.

I looked out the kitchen window yesterday, just in time to see a pretty orangey yellow butterfly enjoying lunch on one of the butterfly bushes.  I grabbed my camera and went outside to get a few photos.  Have you ever noticed the long tube on the front of a butterfly's face?  I never did, but I got a great shot of this little critter's face.



Here's a close up so you can see that long straw-like tube.  I wonder where he hides this thing when he is flying or just sitting on a flower.


Before I forget, let me post the September page from this year's calendar.  Wow, can you believe it?  There's only four months left in this year. 


This will be a really short post because I have no news for today.  It's just another dull, gray, wonderfully restful day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

If I am right, the long tube out of the butterfly, is his tongue, with that he gets the nectar out of the flower.
Beautiful shot!
Sometimes we think we have done great work in the house and when we sit down and look around, it doesn;t show. Very frustrating LOL!
Glad you still had a rather quiet day, and sometimes dull days are so nice to have!!!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Great close up shot. You always amaze me with getting out each day to photo something. I'm far too lazy in my approach. When I do photo, it seems like I do a lot and then there will be days before I pick it up again.