Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pogo's Not Woofing For The New Woof

August 17, 2013

It's almost noon time and I'm just getting around to posting here.  This morning, I spent some time getting caught up on a bit of email, and going through yesterday's photos.  There were lots of bees and dragonflies in the Mrs' gardens yesterday.  Some of the bees were really huge.  I did my best to get close and got a few nice shots. 




Isn't this last fellow a cutie?  He was starting to look at me like I was his next snack so I called it quits and went back inside.  I've never seen a bee's mouth up close that looked like this one.  Of course, I don't often get right in a bee's face either! 

The other day I got a new catalogue in the mail, and it is just chock full of wonderful things.   For Mat at Mat's Memories, I found the perfect tee shirt.  Isn't this adorable?

Mat has lots of kitties.  There are her indoor kitties, and then there is a family of outdoor kitties that has adopted Mat.  Stop by Mat's blog to see some beautiful photos and layouts of all her kitties.

Today, Pogo and I are just taking things easy.  My blood pressure is doing much better, and I'm feeling more like normal.  Tonight I work, but when I come home in the morning, I'll be off until Thursday night.  I'm hoping to get a lot of things done around here this week. 

Now I want to rummage through the refrigerator to see what Pogo and I will have for lunch.  He absolutely won't touch the dog food that I gave him for breakfast.  It's a new dinner from IAM's called IAM's WOOF.  It's supposed to be very healthy for the dogs.  I guess because in one dishful, there were two very tiny peas and a very teeny piece of carrot.  Well, woof de doo!! 

I will have to take some new photos of my little guy.  He looks so handsome with his new hair cut and a red and white striped hooded tank top.  He's a very classy dresser, my guy.  Thursday, we ordered a few new shirts for him.  Now I  can't wait for them to arrive so we can see if they will fit him.

Well, that's all my news for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Just don't give him any Eukanuba or Iams dry dog food right now. It was recalled a couple days ago. You can check their website to see which ones were recalled. I don't trust the list. We have had a sick cat for two weeks.....we gave her the same brand that was recalled but instead of the chicken it was lamb and rice.........I am so sure it also had the salmonella(sp.) Tehn our Yorkie got sick. She seems okay but the cat still struggles. Grrrrr.....makes you mad that you can't trust a good brand.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Nose to nose with a big bee ... you are a brave lady, but it was worth that good shot. I'm not sure that I have seen a bee's mouth that close either.

I feed Izzi all natural food ... we have a store called "Pawberry" and she has food that is really good. Izzi loves it and pardon this reference, but her stool is perfect (being a nurse that is one of the first places I look for signs of trouble :)!

I agree we need some new shots of your little guy ... he must be handsome in a striped t-shirt. Izzi isn't big on clothes. I think because she has so much hair it is just one more thing to make her hot. She really doesn't pass for a girlie girl ... tomboy is more like it. But, sometimes, I see cute things at the store and have to push myself away.

Great that you have a few days off. I hope you spend some of it enjoying yourself ... you don't have to be getting things done all of the time. Or, at least, get done the things you enjoy :) My Hubby's BD is coming up and I am stumped ... he doesn't need or want anything. But it is not in my nature not to have something for him so I went shopping today and found ... NOTHING! Good grief ... Maybe I'll just take him out to dinner, ha ... even I would enjoy that. Well, I am going to go fix some dinner ... You have a nice evening and a good night at work. See you tomorrow ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Good you will have some days in a row without having to work at the Mrs!
And I so reliefed to hear you are feeling already much better!

Yeah, LOL, that t-shirt fits Mat completely!!!

Oh, and Pogo has one of his moments, he really doesn;tfeel like a dog, so he has no need of dogfood, hahahaha.
Sometimes funny, how they really have their favourtie food and when you try something different, they will not touch that.
Oh well, he won't starve, I am sure!

Yes, make some new photos of Pogo. Love to see some of his new outfits.
You have a great day, quiet work night and good rest after that!
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

Edna, good to read your cheery post -- you can "hear" in your voice just how chipper you are. Take it easy on yourself and enjoy the coming week, but take it slow-- the weather will be a bit hotter, so do not overdo --- there is always tomorrow (from my version of the procrastinators handbook )!! Take care, Donna