Saturday, August 3, 2013

Learning Something New

August 3, 2013

Good morning.  Tis a bit cloudy outside at the moment, but I'm not sure what we will end up with for weather.  Yesterday turned out to be a gorgeous day after the rain passed by.  It was even good for Pogo, as Deanne came by early in the morning and picked him up and took him home with her. 

This morning, Pogo and I are watching "Too Cute Kittens" and "Too Cute Puppies" on the Animal Channel (on TV).  The kittens and puppies are so darn cute and I want them all.   It's a good thing they are on TV and not here in my living room.  I am a sucker for baby animals.  (Tonight there will be two new episodes of this program on the Animal Channel.)

Speaking of animals, well these really come under the heading of "bugs",  I got some interesting new photos yesterday.  At first I thought they were just dragonfly photos.  But when I looked closer, I realized that this dragonfly is carrying eggs.  To be sure, I looked it up on Google.  My goodness, I have never noticed this before. 



Nature is filled with so many interesting things.  Seems like every day has something new to learn.  I'm so glad my camera picks up what my eyes sometimes do not see. 

This morning's email brought me two more fabulous gifts from my good friend, Kyra, and has put a huge smile on my face.  Kyra has such an amazing design talent.  Here are her two new scrapbook pages.  Aren't they just beautiful?



On this happy note, I am going to go raid the refrigerator to see what Pogo and I will have for lunch.  I'm thinking that the peach yogurt is looking rather yummy.  There is a jar of Gerber (baby food) meat sticks for Pogo.   Sometimes he eats them right up, and other times he turns his nose up at them.  Ah well, he'll eat when he is hungry.

That's my news for today.  I have a small load of laundry to do and then it will be nap time.  Have to be alert for work tonight.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

The mamma dragonfly is just too cool! I hadn't thought about baby meat sticks for treats before. I wanted something softer for Marco for a couple weeks. That just might work. I hope Pogo had a "want my treats" day!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

It's aweful how cute those kittens and puppies are looking!
Have kind of the same feeling when seeing photos of the animal shelter as they ask for a home for a cat or doggie. Sometimes youngsters, sometimes older ones. I sure wish I had place to give them all a loving home with me. But I can;t.
You have a great day, and a quiet shift at the Mrs.
Hug
Kyra