Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's Good To See The Rain Today

August 8, 2013

Good morning.  Yeahhhhhh!  It's raining.  Do I sound like a nut for being happy to see the rain?  Well, one of my knees has been so painful lately, and now that the rain has come it has washed away most of the pain.  Mind you, I don't need days of flood waters, just enough rain to make some puddles and get everything wet. 

After daughter in law left last night, I took my tablet and Pogo and crawled into bed.  I watched a bit of TV, read a few more chapters in the book that I am currently reading, and then fell asleep.  Most of the night was "wake" and "doze", "wake" and "doze".   

I finally got up around 6 a.m. and made some green peppers and scrambled eggs for myself and Pogo.  Mmm, mmm.  Very tasty indeed.  I've been watching the Jewelry Television Channel while enjoying my breakfast.  This morning they are featuring Bella Luce (Man made diamonds).  Some of it is so pretty, while some of it is so busy that it is quite unattractive. 

A few weeks ago, I treated myself to one of these rings.  I may not like busy, but I do like big.  Not huge, just big.  Well, here, you can see for yourself. 


I remember the days when the only gems that I could afford were so tiny that you needed a magnifying glass to see them.  Then one day I decided that I deserved the nice big jewels.   However, some of them were very pricey, so I took up jewelry making.  This way I could afford to have my nice big gemstones.   I don't do it so much anymore, but it was a lot of fun.

I have another beautiful scrapbook page from Kyra.  This one features the photo of Pogo next to the big white lily.  Thank you so much, Kyra.  I feel so special, and spoiled.  (But I just love it!) 


I also have another photo to share with you.  This one is of someone who is so very special to me.  She's like a sister to me and I love her dearly.  Who is this?  Why, my sister in law, Edie, of course.  Isn't she just beautiful?  When Edie smiles, the whole room lights up.  If you're reading this Edie, I love you girlie!


Okay, enough of my babble.  I'm beginning to wilt so I think I'll go back to bed for a while.  I have to say that the one good perk of being an "Oldie" means that I can go to bed anytime I want to.  Well, most of the time.  So on that note, I'll be off.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

I am always thankful for rain. I could never live in the desert. Love Pogo's smile. Your friend has a beautiful smile.

The Queen Jester said...

Yet another sweet scrapbook page by Kyra. I love Edie's smile, and her eyes...what bright and pretty eyes.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm coming late today because I had to drive downtown to see the Ortho doc about my carpel tunnel issues. Long trip ... little accomplished. I have to get an EMG to identify the location of the cause then we will talk about solutions. Meanwhile, I am living with the pain (my left hand thankfully).

Old has never allowed me to go to bed when I feel like it ... somehow there is always something that needs doing around here ... I am glad you have that option though since you are still working, you deserve it.

I think Edie is beautiful and you know about the beauty that shows on the outside, comes from the inside. You are blessed with her in your family.

Now I was perusing your blog page and realized that I was not showing up as a follower, so I rejoined ... now maybe Google won't drop you off of my Dashboard any more ... don't know why it dropped me as a follower. They really tend not to be very reliable.

I always liked my jewelry small and simple ... my mother was that way, so that is probably where I picked it up ... but I have to tell you, I like the looks of your ring. Maybe, in my old age, my taste is changing ... Hmmmm

Well, I have been gone all day so I need to go figure out my posts for tomorrow ...Hope you have a nice relaxing evening with Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Your SIL has a beautiful smile! I always loved how my Noni’s lines that stayed on her face were shadows of her smile. She’s where my smile comes from and I love that when I look in the mirror I see that I have the same lines; traces of that smile always there. If we smile enough, when the lines come, they are what give us eternal beauty.

I have barometric joints too so I know exactly what you mean about the rain feeling so much better than its prelude!

And a note from yesterday, after a big thank you for the cloudy texture, I hope all is okay with the mailbox! I bought a carry-on bag for traveling, one with wheels that packs everything for a weekend so I don’t have to check a bag. I even kept the tag in the front pocket that gives the dimensions and that it meets FAA standards for carry-ons and people at check-in still tried to say it was too big to fit in the overheads. (I’ve never had to check it; it fits fine. I think size regulations can be silly, but I also think that sellers could get in lot$ of trouble if they were selling products that didn’t work. Your mail lady was probably erring on the side of caution. I hope so! Who would have expected there to be an “approved list” for mailboxes?

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes we really do need a bit of rain, to get all back into proportions LOL.
I always loved jewelry, but the last couple of years, I don;t wear it very much. I always have my wedding ring on, of course, and the signet ring i received from my parents when i turned 18 years old. The signet ring just carries my name initials and above it a little crown( the countess crown of my mother's family).
But on occasion I wear some earrings.
That photo of Edie is just wonderful, she has such a sweet and at the same time naughty smile!
And yes, one thing of getting older is the right to take a nap when you feel to it, LOL.
You have a marvellous day
Hug
Kyra