Friday, August 16, 2013

It's Good To Feel Chipper Again

August 16, 2013

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it is a bit on the cool side, but it is early yet.  Pogo and I are at work so we won't be able to go out and play in this beautiful weather until later this afternoon.  I am feeling much better yesterday and today, so maybe the new medicine is working.  Gosh, it feels good not to feel crappy all day.

My blood pressure has been coming down slowly, and my pulse has been going up. This morning my pulse has finally reached normal.  Woo Hoo!  I will keep monitoring my vitals until I go next week for my follow up visit with the doctor.  I'm sure he will be pleased with my progress.

Yesterday, Pogo and I had quite a busy day.  It started off in the morning with a trip to the bank, and then the Post Office.  We grabbed a quick bite (Peanut butter & jelly, what else?) and headed for Pogo's appointment at the beauty salon.  Once Pogo was settled in there, I went to my appointment at the nail salon.  My hands may be wrinkly, but I like to have pretty fingernails.

This morning I found another gorgeous surprise in my email.  Kyra sent me another beautiful scrapbook page.  This one features a dragonfly.  Kyra, the background and the rose cluster are awesome.  Thank you so much my friend.


I have a photo to share of two dragonflies resting on my fence.  It's not so easy to get a photo with more than one dragonfly in it.  They more so quickly and as soon as the camera is focused, one of the dragonflies has flown off.


This next photo is leaves that are curled up asleep and covered with rain drops.  I just thought it was rather unusual. 


And last I have a photo of a pretty pink rose bud.  One of the rose bushes is covered with new buds and blossoms. 


Pogo is acting rather weird this morning.  He keeps jumping up for me to pick him up.  Then he wants to  get down.  Also, he keeps staring into the dining room as though there were someone in there.  Of course, there is no one there but he won't listen to me.  On top of all this, he keeps whining as if he wants something.  Alas, I have no clue what his problem is.  I sometimes wish that doggies could talk.

It's almost time for the Mrs to be waking, so I'd best get started making her breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good evening, glad to hear you keep improving with your new meds. So glad you have energy again, it certainly helps when you are feeling better to get out and do things!
I think what rain we were going to get is all gone, so now the yards need attention, will do that tomorrow! At least the temps dropped by a good 10-15 degrees making the middle of August in Texas a lot more pleasant than usual.....LOL!
You and Pogo have a fantastic weekend ahead.
BTW lovely page by Kyra and the 2 dragonflies are awesome as are the rained on leaves and the pretty pink rosebuds. Thanks too for the lovely papers!
Chat more later.
Hugs,
Mat

smiekeltje said...

Keep up with the good progress of you BP and pulse. Sounds good!
Glad you liked the layout.
Oh, sometimes our pets act so weird and we really have no idea what is the matter!
perhaps Pogo just wants to make clear to you he wants to go home, who knows!
He will become more relaxed when he gets home I hope LOL.
Have a great day.
Hug
Kyra